Yakuza recommendations

So I have been playing the yakuza games on pc and have come to take a liking to it.
I want to read some good old classic yakuza stories or something like from the games with a bit of seriousness and a bit of funky stuff.

So please recommend me something that majima San would approve.

At first i thought it´s easy to recommend something (since those are kinda my favs), but honestly it´s harder than i thought ...
Most of the one i read aren´t just "classic yakuza" ... since i´m not sure what you´re looking for (more like big lifestyle yakusa-boss or shady business street fighting or rather respect the old ways etc. i start with those:

- "Heat" is for me a "classic Yakuza storie", nothing more to say
-"Tong" and the following "Tong Classified", Tong Vanity" = "Neo-Yakuza". I think Tong isn´t what you are looking for, but the following are in my eyes ^^
- i liked "The Fable" a lot, which is about a first class killer, that has to lay low for a bit. Naturally he is surrounded by (old school-)yakuza-members that can´t leave him be.
- if you want to see the dark sides of society and the streets, maybe "Out" is just right. Got no style, but a lot of fighting with blood and gore
- if you want something funny that Majima-San would surly approve: "Gokushufudou: The Way of the House Husband" (Kinda hard to not heard about this one thought ... :D)
- if its about the ~heart of an old school yakuza~ -> i just recently stumbled over "Yakuza Reincarnation" xD that old man is and old school yakuza through an through ^^"

You can PM me, if you like got some more <3

@ReyKaNeel
Thanks for all the recommendations I'll be sure to check them all out and yep i have definitely read Gokushufudou and surely majima San would approve it.

Users who are viewing this thread