Hanebado! - Vol. 16 Ch. 78 - The Best High Schooler in Japan

Dex-chan lover
Only one more left. The classic timeskip to see how things go in the future.

Dex-chan lover
"if you want go out together" - regardless of the author’s intentions, this phrase made me smile and say “oh lol”. Otherwise, it was pretty relaxing, for some reason. Usually such arc ends with a huge “explosion”, but I rather felt some relief.

@TakeiDaloui Do they skip time in the penultimate chapter? Honestly, this is the first time I've seen this.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan
I kind off missed the first 3 volume pacing and art.

The whole story went edgy and stupid after that first three.

I am pretty sure that girl is confirmed Yuri way few volumes ago when she was introduced and had a 1 page short story about her wanting a "Boyfriend".

We get a 2 year timeskip but no talk between Hanesaki, mother and Connie. Hard to follow all those utopic stuff happening but i guess it's almst over.

Banned
Still wondering whether Nagisa and the coach is dating or not

Dex-chan lover
I like how Michi is so obvious, I wish her luck... but that's just a small part of everything that happened here, I'm so glad the author managed to shown all the characters in this semi final chapter, makes you realize and remember everything they've been through. Plus, is really really nice seeing them interacting with each others, because some of them never had a match but now they're all together... That's very emotional for me and for that they needed to literally knock out Hanesaki out of the equation (partially XD). I still feel bad for her because the kind of parents she got, her mother is trash and just imagine the manga but deleting the father scenes.... does it change? not at all, he could've been a ghost that no one sees and is just there watching over his family lo/

I wonder where is Rui now, and her partner... Her partner was the only character that didn't get any kind of development or emotion, her role was simply feeling the cringe of Rui's chuunibyou around Hanesaki and just keeping up with her.

One more chapter to go... Alright I'm ready!!!

ONE QUESTION! the last volume came out with any short of bonus or epilogue ?

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan Well I mean normally we only see timeskips in the last chapter but this was about 2/3th of the way through so it's not a bad touch to have if it means giving us more time to see how things turn out further down the line.

Aggregator gang
oh shit, I forgot AGAIN about the other friend of Ayano, holy shit lol

Dex-chan lover
@Buraindo you mean, the one with glasses? I don't think she's important anyway, all I remember about her was she saying how she'ss gonna look for a bf asap in like chapter 1 or 2 and then she dissipated in the background.... Elena (or Erena) however... Now, that's a big deal

Dex-chan lover
@Xaelath She liked how “cool” she was, looking like a hot guy. This is a rather specific Japanese thing that still doesn't say anything. As we said with @Serenata earlier, until this gets the full context with direct confession or direct rebuttal, you can read it as you want. Although I will not argue, this moment only adds more fuel to her silly gayness behavior, lol.

@TakeiDaloui Well, I thought that in this way they want to cover more of the events in the epilogue, but I’m afraid that it will just allow they to make more short “references” and that’s it.

@agtra Me too, lol.

Dex-chan lover
@Xaelath Are you so disappointed? Honestly, the only thing I don't like is the lack of revenge Nagisa vs Ayano. For the rest, it ended as I expected.

Dex-chan lover
Of course it's disappointing. This might have been the weakest match Hamada has drawn. And then he still leaves out the mama issue. I doubt we will get to see any of that in the final chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Idk about you guys but I rather have the girls talking about their future and making new teams than focusing on that trash of a mom for even a single panel more
but I know they will in the final chapter
. I agree that the last match was a letdown... But this chapter wasn't.

Dex-chan lover
Well, we can agree that the story was cut short for whatever reason.

Dex-chan lover
@Zhou I forgot about this subplot in the middle of it. Personally, it always seemed to me that this was a useless drama.

@Serenata Lol, what if Michi-chan is brave and fulfills your expectations about her potential crush? Can this change your mind about the ending? :)

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan hmmm I don't think they will, like, I'm used to get "this much" when it comes to teasing and there's only one chapter left that will most likely be about Hanesaki, Well, lucky for me, my favorite character has always been Hanesaki! Michi appeared way too late for me to get too excited or disappointed if "something" happens or not, compared to the other queens she had less appearances and development after all.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan ah don't get me wrong, I'm very motivated for this and excited for the final chapter, I really like characters like Connie, Ayano, Michi and many more... But I couldn't enjoy that last match, it was rushed. Everything else was fine (well, I also didn't like the matches with Nagisa for obvious reasons) so overall this series is like a 8.6/10 for me. Even if people said that the art changed or that it turned very edgy at some point, I honestly didn't feel that way.

Users who are viewing this thread