Grand Blue - Vol. 15 Ch. 58 - Back to school

Hmm. That escalated almost exactly as expected. I'm wondering what the interviewer is like in person.

Group Leader
@jdjohndoe13

Why are you translating this? There's a similipub for it? As a scanlators we should support official releases.

What's worse, this looks like you just took the official translation and changed some words and typesetted it.

@sirwolfeye that is just your opinion. why should your opinion decide what this person does on their own time? :) you are sharing manga on this site, that alone is not respecting the official release in japan.

Double-page supporter
Why are you translating this?
Because I don't know Japanese. And neither I know English. And there isn't a translation in the language I know (neither official, nor unofficial). And I don't want to wait 2 more years until those guys who translated the series in my language pick it up again from the chapter when they dropped it. So it's either:
- Learn Japanese, which is Chinese, English, quantum physics and some pretty strong stuff combined (and I actually started studying it since it looks to be the only way to understand the source material the way author wanted).
- Or use Google Translate to piece the translation from multiple available sources (e.g. French and Chinese).
What's worse, this looks like you just took the official translation
If I was able to find the official translation for chapters 55.5-58 for free, I wouldn't have bothered doing all this stuff that seems to annoy other people. I wasn't hoping for everyone to be cheering and such, but I definitely didn't expect that this many people will 1) spend their time searching for things they don't like (e.g. unofficial translations of simulpubbed series); 2) write discouraging comments.
and hanged some words
Try translating the phrase "She eats tasty apples every day" from Japanese to English in two ways that don't look like re-wording of each other. So that you can't say "you just took the official (1st) translation and re-worded it (2nd one)". Maybe you can do it, but Google Translate can't (yet), so there is that.
and typesetted it
Ehm. I don't even know what that word means. I'm not as skilled or even experienced as you (supposedly) are.

Users who are viewing this thread