Detective Conan - Vol. 98 Ch. 1044 - The Meijin's Eyes

Group Leader
Oh no! The meijin is doing the one thing you should never do when you figure out who the culprit is - go tell them them you know they committed the crime alone!
That only gets yourself killed, you fool!

Shouko's the most suspicious one at this point.

Supplying the investigation with a specific time window is extremely suspect behavior, first off. She brought something cold, which she could have been planning to place on the stove herself (in order to "prove" the window of opportunity she gave them) if Mina hadn't put the bags on it first. As with plenty of multiple-victim murder mysteries, the shogi board legs were probably used to disguise the real order that the victims were killed in.

Fed-Kun's army
Meijin is part of Black Organization, so it's okay for him to do something reckless

Dex-chan lover
"Yumi, contact the police!"

"Okay I'll- hold up oh real funny you little shit"

@Nitrorare I don’t remember the fact that he is a part of the black organization, sure his brother Shuichi used to be part of it. And he’s aware that he is alive. So no.

I don't recall Meijin being a member of BO too.

Although it would be such a twist if he turned out to be one (especially Rum!). But we know Gosho likes to play it safe, and Rum's candidate can't be outside of the three new characters.

Dex-chan lover
The rectal temperature of a body that was on fire and burnt black. Yeah, that sounds real useful.

Group Leader
The rectal temperature of a body that was on fire and burnt black. Yeah, that sounds real useful.

Apparently, it really is, yes. Rectal temperature appears to be the standard way to determine ToD for burned corpse and corpses suspended in water.

Fed-Kun's army
@WhoCares I'm more suspicious of Mina, as there's no guarantee that the bread she brought was fresh from the oven of the store she likes, and not from an oven that was left on at the house of the burned corpse.

Group Leader
@Ruhrpottpatriot No, that's not correct. "Hung" is the past tense to use if you are hanging up clothes on a line or pictures on a wall. "Hanged" is the past tense to use if it is about people hanging themselves, i.e. killing themselves, or killing other people by hanging. From the context in this chapter, "hanged" is the correct past form to use.

Dex-chan lover
Someone else has worked out the suspect first. That's rare at times since it's normally Conan working out the truth first. I wonder what made him realise who did it.

File 1045: Akai, Yusaku and Yukiko will appear to rescue Shuukichi.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@danpbau
Shinichi's parents are still around?

The suspicious ones are the females. I would be very shock if the culprit turns out the male suspect.

First thing, have we ever see Akai without his hat? At this point, I was almost certain that it was part of his hair (kidding)

I think it was the bread lady, since Taiko noticed something when he reached to put the bag on the counter. Probably he burned his hand with whatever she used to re-heat the breads.

Users who are viewing this thread