I Can't Say No to the Lonely Girl - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
That's certainly won't go well in any mean. That sound like a trade for the teacher but that's more like a blackmail to me, at least in how it's made because it's not really a blackmail per se. However what Honda-san do is blackmail. The last thing i have trouble with is yes she want to go to the same college as her brother but if i understand correctly he is already at college,1st year probably but she is a 1st year highschool. College have 4 years and Highschool 3, by the time she will be in college (and in the idea she didn't become a ronin) the brother will already be in his last year of college so yeah you gonna be in the same college ..... for 1 year.

Dex-chan lover
Hino-san no baka, but the MC don't low-key like it and agreed on her own.
In short: blackmailing instead of bully

Contributor
I'm interested in seeing where this goes! Thanks for the chapter!

I'm really impressed by how well this was edited! Are you handwriting some of these effects? On page 15 and 16, the "CLACK" SFX both seem to have variations between the two C's. I'd love to know the fonts you're using too (though don't feel obligated). Lots of variation. Really added a lot to the experience for me. Also no surprise to see Multiball helped with the QCing!

Dex-chan lover
So how long until Stockholm Syndrome kicks in and she starts to miss it when Honda-san stops going to school?

Dex-chan lover
I was close to not like this at all, because that blackmailing of the teacher was a cliche to be found out way later and cause misunderstandings (usually when the MC is in love and doesn't want to lie anymore) but ... the lonely girl found out right away, so that's a plus!
Now... We need to fix that mc who doesn't have confidence, I mean, she already has the ability to get in any university and doesn't need anyone's help... It would be great if a new love interest shows up, one who likes her honestly and they end up together.

Group Leader
@igenetycs
Thanks! I handwrite all of the sound effects. Can't remember what all the fonts are off the top of my head, but if there are any particular ones you're curious about, I can check what they are.

Contributor
@Piranhaplant No kidding! It really pays off. The pages feel very alive. Things like the "rustle" on page 7 looking like it's actually coming out of the bushes, the "THUD" on page 14 having its own falling effect, etc., all add a lot to the experience. Do you work with a drawing tablet, or do you use a mouse?

I guess my only question would be thought text and the narrative text (both visible on page 5). Sorry for the hassle, and thanks again!

KZO

Dex-chan lover
Love the teacher, this is gonna be great.

Group Leader
@igenetycs I'm glad to hear the effort I put into this stuff is appreciated! I use a drawing tablet. The pressure sensitivity is a must for recreating certain types of text.

The main dialog font is Digital Strip and the thoughts font is VTC Letterer Pro.

Dex-chan lover
@Mangareader yeah, but taking in consideration that she went to school the very next day just because the mc asked, I think she had a crush on her already from middle school... So I don't think she's a bad person. But the teacher? well... she's not a good teacher to say the least

Dex-chan lover
Not super into forcing people to do things they don't really want to against there will, but just asking for a kiss wasn't so bad. Also the art is cute.

Users who are viewing this thread