Asahina Wakaba & Her Chubby-Chubby Boyfriend

Dex-chan lover
Before I read this, is this another webnovel teaser?

Contributor
“Asahina Wakaba is a shy and slightly awkward girl. She is coerced by her classmates as a punishment game to confess to Iruma Haruto, the number one most hated boy in school. Though her relationship with Haruto starts out with an air of gloom for Wakaba, her depressing school life is dyed with color when she discovers that they share more in common than what she thinks.“

Synopsis from MangaUpdates. Kind of where I expected it to go after reading Chapter 1, but I’m interested.

EDIT: I’m beginning to see why Isekai is so popular even though many people say they hate it. Like goddamn, I know a girl is getting bullied is hard to watch, but damn.

Dex-chan lover
@Spica who knows, because the webnovel is pretty new apparently and not much chapters for it out

Here is the raw web novel for reference, https://kakuyomu.jp/works/1177354054891550418 it say it "started" in october, unless obviously the web novel is older than what the page say and is uploading chapters separately, because volume 1 was out around september lol

My boi gets depressed after finding out it was a joke. Loses weight and becomes a Chad. Fmc falls for him. Birthrate increases.

Dex-chan lover
@tseng Thx. I guess for now I'll read it with the presupposition of a non-teaser manga.
Hopefully, this is not a generic webnovel teaser, and already have a ton of chapters backed up.

What's up with the amount of bullying in Japanese manga and media like damn are people just like that in Japan cause that shit doesn't happen in the hood bruh

Contributor
As someone who was bullied from when I started school until almost 11th grade, I cannot find any sense to Wakaba's actions. She is passive, weak, unthinking, and stupidly naïve (if that's what you call trusting a bully out of the blue for no reason whatsoever). The male lead? He appears to be equally dumb on top of being straight up obnoxious. The bullies are well done, though. Maybe it improves, but chapter 1 was not a good start.

Soooo..... Does anyone know a story with a plot similar to this that doesn't suck?

Users who are viewing this thread