Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami - Vol. 4 Ch. 34

Dex-chan lover
The ship is so strong that not even sinking will slow it down. It's a submarine, it says "fuck your other ships," with torpedoes.

They threw a lot of information into this chapter as well as two different parties. Even a train! I certainly hope this all doesn't cause drama for Iris. Her hair is already white/silver, who knows what color it turns into when stress builds... maybe rainbow?

Baron Sagittaria trying to play CK2 in real life and dropping hints, I dig it

Double-page supporter
IMHO, the 2nd dress won't be a problem since she's from a duke family and also known as a trendsetter.

@Motomoto CK2? Last I checked this novel doesn't have any incest or crusades to exterminate the Muslims. Nobody's plotted the assassination of an entire bloodline yet either. Thankfully the Karlings don't exist in this world. Maybe we can have some nice looking borders.

Dex-chan lover
On the topic of her dress.
This is taken from another series.
Essentially, it depends on 'who' does it. (to a certain degree of course)

Those who are standing at the top are expected to innovate/start new trends.
Then those below would adopt that.

Conversely, those from the lower status trying to start a new trend might be seen as slighting those at the top, especially if the ones above don't approve of the thing they're trying to do.

So in this case, Iris being from a Duke family means that it's unlikely for her new fashion to be treated with contempt, but rather welcomed as a new thing.

In said other series, the MC was given a status upgrade to ensure that the thing she makes is more easily accepted by the rest of the nobles (obviously it helps if said things are proven to be beneficial)

Dex-chan lover
I know it's basically a romance story and all, but geez I hope Iris decide to take matters into her own hands, create a third party neutral leauge, and eventually became a leader on her own right.

Fed-Kun's army
@Istvan90623
Then the most hilarious outcome would be for Alfred to join her faction, just for the massive "NANI?!"/wutface reaction from his own faction leaders.

Dex-chan lover
There's an inconsistency. Alfred's faction is a meritocracy made up of commoners and noblemen alike, yet they're afraid Edward's egregious spending will win him both the affection of the masses and convince the aristocracy they can manipulate him. The former also has the backing of the queen mother which in the eyes of peasants may as well make them divinely appointed, and then there's the shameful behavior and broken engagement to probably the highest ranking noble family which are all demerits to the aristocracy's hierarchy and future.

All of Ed's boons are double-edged. It seems like the lords don't have a horse in the race either unless...their unfriendly neighbors are promising them something for rebelling and squashing the military-backed Alfred faction. A border territory suddenly gaining wealth, and a lesser noble causing social upheaval, economic collapse; reducing the army all while there's fear of war breaking out again.

@Istvan90623 She can't. Her family is too entrenched in the monarchy and she was just engaged to the second prince. There are too many eyes on her to remain neutral. Even the other neutral nobles and officials are worried she will revolt, so she'll need the support of a faction to avoid being ousted herself. If what I think is coming, then she'll have to take a side just to survive.

The way she acts so shocked any time anyone says anything beyond pleasantries is getting pretty silly. Pretty obvious the author/artist is trying to make it seem more exciting since it's so dialogue heavy.

Fed-Kun's army
Well iris my dear at that time you'll have to go full Madame no vanadis (I think that's the name of the story) and be like the MC there: ally yourself with another country and fuck your own country in order to protect your piece of land. Kinda contradictory but hey, it worked for the guy there maybe it'll work for her as well.

Dex-chan lover
Time to comment on the new chapter!
The neutral party was very laid back and the only thing we got out of it was that noblewomen will spread rumors around. A most worrisome one is Monroe's display of their recent increase in wealth. I mean, we know they have grains, we know they border Towair, we know Towair is experiencing famine and we know that Towair has yet to sign a peace treaty. I'm pretty sure the royal family has spies monitoring that situation because everything about it is problematic.
I can't say I like Lady Doranbald's wording when she said that Iris sure drew the winning lottery. Iris' beauty and status aside, her achievements with her company and in managing her fief are the result of her hard work.

Prince Alfred's faction gathering was very different, but unfortunately not many seemed to be interested in holding a conversation with Iris. In any case, Baron Messi is sure hammering in the nail that is Towair's looming threat. The only other conversation was with Earl Sagittaria who is essentially neutral! (A passing note, Earl Sagittaria sure has the oddest of looks. Bald with ridiculously long hair going down his back, but for some reason he keeps his beard extremely short.) It's a good thing Earl Sagittaria thought to warn Iris that her fief's increase in power will be seen as threatening. There are also those who are envious who could act. But Earl Sagittaria can't be serious - how does protecting orphans suggest that Iris is planning a revolt? The measures Iris has taken are all for the sake of helping businesses flourish and eventually handing out the responsibility of managing the fief to the middle class (which she is in the process of building through education) It should be fairly obvious, considering how Iris spends her funds, that she has no intention to revolt and Queen Dowager as well as Prince Alfred have essentially concluded as such. Moreover, it's really silly that any noble would dare suggest that Iris, a duke's daughter who has been publicly been shown to have the favour of Queen Dowager, could be harbouring sinister intentions. And the whole thing is moot when you consider that she is only the acting fief lord; the fief lord is still Duke Louis, and he would still be the one held responsible for his fief. That said, the bureaucracy that Iris is trying to establish is incredibly disruptive and its consequence for the aristocracy are a great loss of power, so in that sense, she is certainly dangerous. I have to say, I'm not sure I understand either what Earl Sagittaria means when he says Prince Alfred intends to unite the country as one. Well, Earl Sagittaria was just prodding her. For someone who is supposed to be neutral, he sure doesn't hide his glowing admiration for the first prince.

This chapter has really put forth Iris' motivations.

As a note to other commenters, from what I've seen Almeria only borders fiefs from Tasmeria and has no borders with any foreign nations, only sea trade routes and land trade routes passing through other fiefs. Her fief is well protected from foreign threat as there has been no suggestion that there is any naval threat.

ooh I like this chapter, it's some food for thought. While Egg-head seems to have some pretty high expectations of Alfred, I guess he is staying neutral due to the advantage of being able to lean towards either fractions whenever the tide changes. I'm quite interested in how the Yuri story will progress, hope they expand more on that!

Double-page supporter
Well... it sure would benefit Towair greatly if the kingdom disbanded its military and had a civil unrest, wouldn't it? Wouldn't that just be the PERFECT time to launch an invasion? Especially after one of the nobles along the border has exhausted all of his money on frivolous parties and dresses and jewelry... while one fief on the border is still strong and robust, the other is weak and a Towair army could just march right on through there.

I think it's pretty obvious that Yuri is a Towair secret agent with the goal of destabilizing the country. Now it's a race against time as to whether Iris and Alfred can implement enough reforms and gain enough support to prevent the country from losing a war...

37978468_10155629355086546_4890460585990291456_o.jpg

Orange-chan technically the fashion label is more for religious ethics than for bourgeois ethics. In the world of Iris, religion does not have much influence in power, so it may not be very scandalous to see a noble girl show her shoulders uncovered in a night dress.?

Users who are viewing this thread