Blocking uploaders? :rejected:

Contributor
Mainly since groups like "Unknown" or "no group" can have any uploader, but at times that uploader has a track record of low quality releases. It'd be nice if blocking a user blocked their uploaded chapters, or there was an option to block a user's uploads alone

Group Leader
i assume that by "low quality release" is about the "language" and not the other aspect, like cleaning, redrawing, typesetting.

i think that would be possible, but hard to implemented...

1. if this apply for english only, that would be not fair
2. if that apply for all language, mangadex need to recruit mods for every language

Group Leader
I think he's talking about being able to block users the same way you can now block groups.
If someone releases things you dislike under "no group", you can't block their releases without losing all of "no group", which is kind of a waste.
I also think it'd be nice to be able to do that.

@AbyssalMonkey

that'd put the burden on the user to remember every troll's username, and the list would get long fast, espec if they spammed alt accounts. Quite frankly they deserve to be forgotten and their memory turned to dust.

not being able to block individual uploaders is vaild, though you aren't the only one who pointed it out

I'd say most uploaders a reader aint familiar with won't be a troll. Of course, you could limit yourself to only uploaders you trust, but then the catalogue drops considerably, especially for one shots. So really, the best solution is to let the computer remember your blacklist.

Personally I do memorise the scan groups, artists, and even both languages' publishers for series i like, but that appears to be the minority. Too much of the current population just wants their very entitled one button fix.

No, it was mostly requested to block trolls, sssss has 10x more blocks than #2. The mods just "don't want to police anything" despite having comment-banned him twice for various infractions.

Not familiar with sniping drama, so can't comment on that.

But yeah, I don't think group or single user blocks are coming any time soon.

is a Reindeer
VIP
single user blocks prob aren't coming
you shouldn't be blocking every single uploader you don't like, the uploader can change way too easy

group blocks should be a last resort when you absolutely hate every single work the group does and would rather not see their uploads on anything

Users who are viewing this thread