Adachi to Shimamura - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - Less Than Friends

Dex-chan lover
I really like how this version of the manga feels more grounded than the other version, which felt more rosy.

Case on point: Shimamura's thoughts during the bowling outing. The other manga made it sound like she was enjoying being a harem protag while this version just straight-out mentioned that she found it very annoying.

Aggregator gang
Find it odd how both the manga have Shimamura walking in on Adachi, when it is the other way around in the LN.

Group Leader
@Babydel

I checked the novel, and it does seem to be Shimamura there as well.

I still remember the way she sprang up in panic as I walked in, probably thinking that I was a teacher making the rounds or something.

Dex-chan lover
Oh was it like this? I need to check the other versions... I wonder if the anime will do it like this

Aggregator gang
@sneikkimies

That night, I lay on my bed, thinking back to how I first met Shimamura. The first one of us on the second floor of the gym had been Shimamura. She’d sat there grasping her knees, if I remember right.

Another bit.

By no means was this the good place I’d been looking for. Furthermore, there was already someone there, and a part of me wanted to step back and leave.

Just some snippets from the exact part this chapter is telling, it very much seems Adachi walked in on Shimamura skiving. Maybe the author changed it later on or they got mixed up?

These quotes are taken from page 289+ of volume 1.

Double-page supporter
Shimamura is likely some kind of genius who's bored by regular classes.
In a logical realistic way or reasoning, what the hell could Adachi ever be tired by in this situation? I guess the mangaka wanted another chance to make his dark-haired heroine look weak.

I would make a bundle if I bet against all of you every time the question came up: "Is the mangaka going to portray the dark-haired girl or the blonde girl as being frightened of bugs and/or haunted mansions?" :D
I'd love to play that game sometimes.

So... The mangaka was able to make his dark-haired heroine look weaker than his blonde heroine again, but we still don't have any progress.
Maybe next chapter he'll put more effort into the story and less into his weird hair-politics obsession.

Just push your girl down and go dirty on her, Adachi. You know you want to.

I love how well this story, in both manga and LN form, capture how surreal normal life sometimes is. Like, helping a cicada onto a tree and then burying it when it dies is such a weird thing to do, but is totally the kind of weird kid experience you remember after you grow up. Like for me I think of when my friend figured out you could sneak onto the roof of our school from a certain classroom and we hung out there talking for hours, or one time some friends and I skipped class because one of us really wanted KFC and the rest of us were bored. They're all really dumb experiences, but I still remember them, while so much of high school faded into a blur of studying and drama.

Tbh I was sad that they never did Uniform Ping Pong, but I never expected them to do this one.
I love how weird this chapter feels.

For a second I thought she murdered the cicada and buried it because the 15 days she gave it were up.

Users who are viewing this thread