Sekai no Owari ni Shiba Inu to - Vol. 2 Ch. 18

Just to say what the gorilla said in french is "Prepare yourself to die... ! Twat one !!" That final part make no sens even in french to be honest :/

Dex-chan lover
Aww a Beagle so cute! And master was looking nice on page 3, don't think I'd want a massage from a gorilla but hey when your the last human alive I guess you take what you can get. XD

latest

Dex-chan lover
Second French translation is wrong. =.= And I would know, because I'm French. Normally, she should say: "Prépare-toi à mourir! (Here, I'm assuming she's addressing her male ) Pauvre con!!" That is because "un con!!" is like me saying "An idiot!!" =/ Just so you realize how silly that sounds. The "vous" personal pronoun is used in french for either being polite when addressing a single person, or when you''re talking to more than one person.

@phil777

Chill dude...

Its a manga made by a japanese mangaka for japanese readers. So it wouldnt be strange if the author just used google translator to make the joke.

Dex-chan lover
@Kumakamikaze Perhaps you enjoy your language being peppered gratuitously in a foreign work without regards to syntax or meaning, but I'd rather people don't get the wrong idea.

Fed-Kun's army
Damn I really love reading this manga, the constant shifting between silly gags and somewhat-philosophical thoughts is really enjoyable >.<

Users who are viewing this thread