Pokémon SPECIAL Sword & Shield

Wow already!? I'm super excited but bummed they aren't sword and shield but after Black and White I get it.

I'm already in love with this chapter. the names are very creative, and I like that they aren't just named "sword " and "shield". It would not have worked as well as older chapter's names.

Dex-chan lover
@Myllari123 those are official. There is a different version of setting of story in anime, games, and the mangas. The name in manga and anime is different. While the games and manga have a similar setting. But the games had to be different for user-friendly playable purposes. Even the name in actual source and locallized version is sometimes different

Dex-chan lover
For those who have yet read pocket monster special from the start. I suggest you read it soon cause it's gonna be worthy to understanding pokemon's world in the manga's version. Plus, every generation from red, blue, & green until sword & shield have some connection that would surprise you if you read them thoroughly

Dex-chan lover
@Oysterwhite one of the most badass scene for me is when the 3 key villains in R/G/B, yellow and G/S, teamed up to hold arceus' rampage in HG/SS. The most shocking truth is when i know the one behind the event of jirachi is team rocket's admin (actually a spy from team galaxy). And the most epic moment is when yellow leading red's pikachu to unleash the final move to lugia

It's cool for the development of some old characters (even one who looked like a side character) to be seen in recent chapters. Like bill, the founder of pokemon transfer system. I actually want to mention the influence of some random fisherman in yellow's skill in using fishing rod, but my memory is not that good.

And sorry i can't mention the connection of older generation to the recent generation. Being the recent chapters is still yet finished. So my understanding is still jumbled. Maybe i have to reread it again

@AAA1 That does sound pretty badass. I like the fact that the anime has been trying different things and the more modern lore in pokemon moon, but that's only because in other games have relied very much in a form of nostalgia that felt pretty lazy and repetitive, as it was interlaced with the gameplay formula.
Meanwhile, based in what you're saying, it seems as though the manga is way better in this front, which makes sense given the medium. Now i'm totally hyped to see those old characters get some dept and character development.

Just stopping by to say the april fools translation was better than the actual manga.

Users who are viewing this thread