Fanfiction Recommendation Thread

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Have a fic related to anime or manga you'd like to share because it's awesome as hell? Post it here!

Edit: Moving this to Literature forum since for some reason, child forum doesn't show when the thread has been updated.

Format is:

Title (should preferably be a link to the fic)
Link (for those too lazy to make the title a link :p)
Synopsis
Shilling space for you to say why you liked this fic, if you wish to.

Here's two fics to start us off!

Is It Wrong To Want To Be The Overlord Of A Dungeon?
Synopsis: Momonga is the last member of the Guild of Ainz Ooal Gown. After many years of playing his favorite game, Yggdrasil, the servers are finally shutting down. Having put so much work and effort into Nazarick with his forty guild mates, he figured he would stay logged in until the very end. Little did he know that he would be thrust into a new world with a new dungeon to conquer

I like this fic mainly just because I got a couple of chuckles out of a couple of scenes and I do like this particular crossover. It's nothing special but it's a fun read nonetheless.

One Eye, Full of Wisdom
Synopsis: Kakashi survived his losses in spirit as well as in body, and having learned both wisdom and intellect from his experiences, he now seeks to pass those traits on to his students. Story emphasis is on tactical fighting, mind games, adventure, and the occasional bout of humor. GenFic, no story stealing OC's or creepy romance between children.

This is probably one of the *best* Kakashi character studies and Team 7 fics I've ever read. It's fairly AU, I admit, but it's all plausible diversions from canon.

VIP
Oh yay, this is back ?

Everyone, be sure to check out the previous thread for more recommendations! https://mangadex.org/thread/9246/anime-fanfiction-rec-thread

And now, here are more recs from me!

And Again by Riona (Danganronpa)
13k words | 1 chapter | 2013-01-31 | Complete
Synopsis: Naegi finds himself caught in a time loop. Surely living through Monobear's game once was bad enough?

- Time loop fics are guilty pleasure of mine ? Watch Naegi stumble through multiple bad ends and die multiple times as he tries to save everyone!

The Ultimate Hope by hunterofcomedy (Danganronpa)
11k words | 1 chapter | 2015-07-16 | Complete
Synopsis: The diligence and bond between the students of Hope’s Peak Academy was far stronger than the mastermind could have ever imagined. The killing game should have gone exactly as planned…but time passed quicker than expected. With no murders occurring, the mastermind began to get desperate…especially since the game began over 5 years ago!

- Comedic gold, this. Watching Junko grow more and more exasperated gives me life! I also found it really funny how Naegi manages to twist every one of Junko's intentions into something positive and optimistic-sounding.

Sweet so Sweet by fukuji mihoko (K-On!)
34k words | 10 chapters | 2011-01-09 | Complete
Synopsis: Yui wasn't sure of the precise moment when her world came crashing down; but she knew, deep down, it all started with the death of her sister. :fairly disturbing content, some Yui/Azu:

- Ui dies, and Yui loses it. As a change of pace, here's a sadder story. I think the author really captures Yui's voice well here; the progression of her thoughts feels very natural, even as they become more and more disturbing. A very powerful story. I needed to go lie down for a while after reading this.

Polaris by XxZuiliu (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)
43k words | 12 chapters | 2014-08-10 | Complete
Synopsis: It's curious, how even the tiniest ripples in the ocean of the cosmic universe can stir the waves of reality. SI OC, drabble-ish format.

- A story about Stella, the older sister of Superbi; a frail girl who was born with memories of a previous life. Unlike most other SI/OC stories, this one is told in third-person pov. I went into this without knowing anything about Reborn, and it reads amazingly well even if you're not familiar with the series. I highly recommend this fic. A very intense journey.

Users who are viewing this thread