In your opinion, what anime has the coolest visuals?

Dex-chan lover
I really like the Madoka: Rebellion movie. Lots of wild, beautiful stuff happening in that. I was amazed by how well the scenes were able to convey a dream-like atmosphere, from the visuals to the bizarre. almost "chain-of-thought" logic that the events taking place operated on. This movie probably has some of the best magical girl transformations I've ever seen in my life, especially the ones during the end of the movie.

The garden scenes and design of the tiny spaces in Arietty were also really striking to me. I really enjoyed the creativity that went into how the small characters moved around their world, and re-purposed ordinary objects to their own ends-- for example the different contraptions they built, and Arietty's ponytail holder. Another note about the way she moves, I think it's really cool/amazing how she's a "human" (just small) but the vibe you get when she runs around the garden is like watching a field mouse skitter around.

What series have you seen where you've really enjoyed the visuals? From the animation, to the designs, to anything.

Dex-chan lover
Surpised no one noticed this bump.

Violet evergarden
Perhaps lie in April but never actually watched that.
Euphonium
Studio ghibil for its time on the older ones.
Basically any Key animations studio works that they don't screw up the eyes.
Probably fates but I only watched stay/night
Sao for the movie and anime landscapes
Baka to Test visuals aren't amazing by themselves but how they change in response to the scene is amazing.

Power Uploader
I think one of the best visual styles of all time has to go to Wandering Son (Hourou Musuko), which one-upped the previous adaptation of Shimura's Aoi Hana with a beautiful watercolor style.
Really, that show's only downfall was that it decided to start halfway through the manga, leaving those who hadn't been reading the manga's first arc first confused and without context.

Dex-chan lover
Anything KyoAni and A1 ngl

Yeah Madoka Rebellion is fantastic. That gun fight never fail to amaze me.

Can't really remember anything rn. But one thing that's still fresh in my mind is how Danmachi S2's OP has significantly better animation than the anime itself. The OP has all sorts of fantastic lighting which just makes the anime seem lazy in comparison, cinematography's still as great as OP tho.

Nothing beat AOT's cinematography tho.

Fed-Kun's army
Not exactly coolest but, Sora no Method comes to mind for those visuals that I just can't stop looking at.

Probably an unpopular opinion but Hoseki no Kuni and Beaststars. I'm first to turn my nose up to CGI but studio Orange has really set the bar on how good CGI can be.

Users who are viewing this thread