Database issues resolved, service should be back to normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miku best girl
Admin
Last night there was a database issue where the slave databases failed to retrieve data from the master database, resulting in a database desync. Having fixed that, the site took a while to rebuild its cache following server restarts, and now everything is back to normal. Thanks for your patience!

Following our recent webserver upgrade, we will also be adding a further slave database over the coming days.

Group Leader
Well that's good, I was having something way worst in mind when I saw the database error.

Dex-chan lover
Yay Resolution.

♪ Where there’s a whip there’s a way. ♪

Group Leader
Is the site's growth still that constant that it justifies another slave database? Any interesting figures that could be shared?

Miku best girl
Admin
@pip3

Cloudflare reports that we have just hit 10million unique users in the past month.

The last chapter of attack on titan pushed the webserver to the brink with over 10,000 simultaneous users, hence that upgrade. The database slaves were also feeling the strain.

Fed-Kun's army
At least it wasn't another DDOS issue and just a technical one. The site hadn't seemed to have had one for a while so I was concerned it was time for the routine attack.

Aggregator gang
I still only see a picture with girls on the main page... What do you recommend I do?

The One
Staff
Admin
@ElBichoRaro

can you see if the front page works in incognito mode.

And after that delete mangadex related cookies of all time.

Contributor
Thank you for all your work, will donate again in January, like every year.

Dex-chan lover
There is an old saying...
"The floggings will continue until employee morale goes up."

Make those slaves work for the gruel.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for your hard work! Somehow this reminds me of Batoto's owner when he quit.... So like... Just hope you're not burnt out by things like this...

Group Leader
I thought its a pirate attack from other 'competitors'
Good thing we're back

Maybe this is not the place but i need to say this

Most of manga that I added recently in Tachiyomi won't displayed its thumbnail, I think it's only mine and my connection problem but when I change my connection to wifi it's still same

Is MangaDex extension on Tachiyomi error or what?

Miku best girl
Admin
@kuronotsuki Update your MangaDex extension.

@Yatsuki Unlike Batoto, we have more than just myself working on the site, so no danger of that here.

Contributor
@Holo Not a computer expert, but guessing that the earlier it is caught, the easier it is to fix. If this is noticed occurring during odd hours, who is the best one to try and contact, and how if necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread