Author Database issues resolved, service should be back to normal
Holo OP
Administrator
Holo OP
Last night there was a database issue where the slave databases failed to retrieve data from the master database, resulting in a database desync. Having fixed that, the site took a while to rebuild its cache following server restarts, and now everything is back to normal. Thanks for your patience!

Following our recent webserver upgrade, we will also be adding a further slave database over the coming days.
Nice!
More slaves to exploit!
Need more whips!
Well that's good, I was having something way worst in mind when I saw the database error.
Yay Resolution.

♪ Where there’s a whip there’s a way. ♪
Is the site's growth still that constant that it justifies another slave database? Any interesting figures that could be shared?
Holo OP
Administrator
Holo OP
@pip3

Cloudflare reports that we have just hit 10million unique users in the past month.

The last chapter of attack on titan pushed the webserver to the brink with over 10,000 simultaneous users, hence that upgrade. The database slaves were also feeling the strain.
At least it wasn't another DDOS issue and just a technical one. The site hadn't seemed to have had one for a while so I was concerned it was time for the routine attack.
I still only see a picture with girls on the main page... What do you recommend I do?
Lymus
@ElBichoRaro

can you see if the front page works in incognito mode.

And after that delete mangadex related cookies of all time.
@Lymus: It worked in incognito. I'll delete the cookies now. Thanks for the help!
Thank you for all your work, will donate again in January, like every year.
There is an old saying...
"The floggings will continue until employee morale goes up."

Make those slaves work for the gruel.
Thank you for your hard work! Somehow this reminds me of Batoto's owner when he quit.... So like... Just hope you're not burnt out by things like this...
I thought its a pirate attack from other 'competitors'
Good thing we're back
Maybe this is not the place but i need to say this

Most of manga that I added recently in Tachiyomi won't displayed its thumbnail, I think it's only mine and my connection problem but when I change my connection to wifi it's still same

Is MangaDex extension on Tachiyomi error or what?
Holo OP
Administrator
Holo OP
@kuronotsuki Update your MangaDex extension.

@Yatsuki Unlike Batoto, we have more than just myself working on the site, so no danger of that here.
@Holo Not a computer expert, but guessing that the earlier it is caught, the easier it is to fix. If this is noticed occurring during odd hours, who is the best one to try and contact, and how if necessary?
Ah yes, e n s l a v e d d a t a
Holo OP
Administrator
Holo OP
@Hounder

Coming onto discord and PMing me or any staff.
Why are they called slave databases lol

Also congrats for the growth