Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki-kun - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Do Some Independent Leveling!

"Watch me as I lose horribly."
rip this guy's self esteem. If he's going in with that mindset, at least this means he can only be pleasantly surprised.

interesting MC actually interact with the girls without being told

Going to lose horribly reminds me of the command from One Outs: "Go lose in tatters". Both mean that it's better to lose meaningfully than win something pointless.

Inspiring if you think hard about it.

Dex-chan lover
Hrm. She was startlingly right with saying that dismissing someone else's feelings by saying you don't deserve them or didn't do anything for them or whatnot is running away like a coward (seen this happen a bit too many times in real life).

He's also right though that trying and failing is an essential part to learning and growth. If he's gonna learn how to interact better with people he needs to fuck it up with people a couple times. You don't move forward if you stay in place all the time.

Group Leader
Oh.
This just became a lot more interesting.
First of all, the gaming metaphors were spot on this chapter, I think...
And we finally have a male MC, in a shounen manga in high school, who is OK spending time with a girl with no intention other than being a friend and becoming better at socializing.

She's clearly going for that other guy, and he clearly understands that and is trying to help her.
If he's OK with failing and learning from his mistake, like he would do in a game, he might just win at life too.

Dex-chan lover
@aFFi What shocked me was that he said he didnt like her in a romantic sense. Holy crap , was that unexpected

How many rom-com MC did we get where they dangled a girls heartstrings, and Tomozaki just upfront said "he wasnt interested in her" .Lets pray it sticks

@aFFi
Yup, and you know why can this one get away with it? since you know, japs are extremely purism about this. Because before getting along with the girl, the author already sets that she likes other guy, unlike Jikyouku Izumi-kun author that he introduced the girl first and getting along with her later then revealed that she liked other guy. I'd say, as long as you can create a good setting, you can create a character like this one without autists people getting mad over it.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe the best chapter so far, I'm really digging this manga. I hope it does well.

Dex-chan lover
The characters are really selling this story to me. They're kind of trope-ish, but with just enough of a creative twist here and there to make them fresh & interesting. Can't wait to see how our MC fares with Izumi & later with writer girl.

Group Leader
The library-Kikuchi reminds me of the library girl arc in TWGOK. What I also like is that Hinami didn't choose his clothes for him to change him into what she prefers and transforms. I'm really hoping this series isn't about him and her getting together. Even though it probably will and I'll probably accept and like it, I just want to watch him grow as a human and have platonic relationships. WHO CARES ABOUT LOVE, MAKE TONS OF GIRL FRIENDS AND GUY FRIENDS!!! Maybe real happiness is having trusted friends, not losing your V-card and getting chicks pfft.

Ok, lighter note: this series is good so far, characters have been straight-forward and super nice surprisingly. Looking forward to some crazy nut to wrench the plot somewhere ^^ My guess is the popular ponytail topic-maker girl who always keep the mood happy ^^ Maybe she becomes yandere when she sees MC gets everyone on his side including her best friend QvQ

Kikuchi is my favourite of the girls, and it makes me kinda sad knowing that she's supposed to be one of the first to have a falling out with Tomozaki :(

ivv

Dex-chan lover
ohohoho.
I suppose Hinami already cleared that medium goal long ago right?
that means.... dam this mc-kun is going to be a legendary ntr master!!!! ?

Users who are viewing this thread