The Saint's Magic Power Is Omnipotent - Vol. 4 Ch. 14.1 - Ladies’ Day

Corsets: Incredible useful and comfortable breast support, in reality, only tightened to uncomfortable levels by the insane and the avant garde high fashion few

Dex-chan lover
I once spent some time waiting while my ex was checking out corsets at a little shop in the middle of a renfair. Nothing snaps you back to reality like zoning out during clothes shopping while you're more or less supposed to be experiencing something new and interesting. Now, when she would actually wear corsets is another matter entirely. Visual focus at 120%.

Double-page supporter
corsets, one of the most useless piece of clothing ever created; literally raised blood pressure by forcing the body into an uncomfortable enclosed space which increased the chances of women fainting only to make women a tad bit more attractive to men

Dex-chan lover
@GuildMasterJin on the upside...it works miracles for woman who don't have tight bellies. because a lil high blood pressure won't stop women from looking attractive. otherwise they would have abandoned high heels for the potential damage it can cause to feet

Double-page supporter
It didn't just raise blood pressure, it also punctured lungs by breaking ribs. Just a "little detail" that's nothing on the way to beauty right.

Dex-chan lover
yeah, if I was a woman taken to another world (or to the past) I would adamantly refuse a corset - those are deadly.

Corsets

Charm +25
Health -1/sec
Type : Cursed Item

Item that makes women's waist more slender and boost up chest but will damage health if wearing it in a long time

@Sep10trion actually, corset is a 19th century inventions. before that, people wear bodices which was basically, fabric with a lace in front. it is not worn as tightly as tight as the victorian ideal body. bodices are now usually seen on oktoberfest clothes as well as other European folk costumes.

Yeah... Corsets were not used in that way. Only crazy (and rich) people who were obsest about their waist measurement did the body-modifying-squeeze. Other people just used padding (just like normal people today) to get the desired shape. Compare them with any modern nutter who does any crazy sh*t to make themselves look more beautufull...

@Wolvenworks
Women use high heels for another reason and you know it.
They use it as a weapon. Imagine one of those 20 cm heels right in your left eye. Pain will be the least of what you feel.

Thanks for the chapter!
Looks like she's adapting somewhat to expectations, although should've refused the corset. Granted it helps a lady look thinner, but the pressure is too much. Between getting light headed and fainting because can't breath and that the effects of a corset on bones have been verified, it's too unhealthy. High heels at least can have the discomfort and possible injury decreased by having the shoe made to support and knowing the boundary of what is too high and staying below it. Granted it helps the wearer look taller and increases definition of the leg, but shouldn't wear them if damage is always accumulating and don't have enough experience wearing them to dance as I've heard it's very easy to lose your balance or twist an ankle if not used to them whether it's walking or standing.

@Kaarme Healing the damage depends on the healing ability's strengths and weaknesses. Does her healing ability undo damage or increase the body's healing rate? If it doesn't undo damage then she just has a faster recovery than other people, but will still have malformed flesh and bones. In the Bones episode over the death of a child star the MC Brennan mentioned she had only seen damage on a kid's skeleton like the victim's from the skeletons of kids and young women who wore corsets that were constantly tightened as they grew.

Dex-chan lover
@Mathiason While I agree on refusing it, the ill effects are meaningless in her case since she can heal herself in a second any time she wants to.

Dex-chan lover
@Mathiason Haha, dude. Her magic can grow back severed, missing limbs in a mere moment. Unless you are a starfish, that's quite a bit beyond just increasing the body's own healing ability. Logically I'd think her healing magic would return her body to what it should be. That being said, I doubt she will be wearing a corset more than very rarily when attending some special events in a fancy dress, so she shouldn't accumulate any changes over the years. She will just be sore when removing the thing, and can thus heal herself conveniently.

Btw, please don't edit your answers in an old post. It's very confusing.

Fed-Kun's army
So unexpected, one day magic classes, training with soldiers and preparation for a subjugation, the other ladies day. Don't know anyone else but it just felt so... filler-like chapter...

Better a corset than removing ribs. Some women will do many sacrifices to manipulate men and vice versa.

C'mon, at least take some of your modern sensibilities with you and reject wearing corsets! You have a chance to start a better trend in this new world!

Users who are viewing this thread