Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 8 Ch. 66 - Final Test

I love that you're still willing to translate this manga after the countless amount s of recent chapter snipes

thank you translator san for sharing your love for Iruma-kun :)

tenor.png

Ahhh, the quality is so clear in this one. Thank you for continuing to scanlate this series.

Also noticed a minor typo: on pg 3 "To my deepest regrest"

Can I ask what is going on in the sniping scene here?

I know that wicked house was being asshats and not releasing chapters on time, and stalker and the crew picked up the pace on them
Then afternoon teashop came up, and I dont know where did they come from. Are the just wicked house rebranded?
And of course, there is SSSSS being chaotic chaotic, but thats just the lad being the lad.

@viewtiful afternoon teashop translates wicked house's ver. from Vietnamese, so the lines and dialogues are weird despite the grammar is technically fine. (think of it as translating back and forth using google translate, the results differ after every translation)
As for sniping, it's still within rules and guidelines, and I don't mind as long as each group respect each other instead of calling and shitposting in credits page *coughs* Facepalm Scan *coughs*.
Havent heard from SSSSS since the blocking group option is avail. :v

@viewtiful Basically what @leduo95 summarized
And for context, we've talked with each other before and established that we wouldn't really care what each of us do. We originally wanted to work on this to advance through chapters of this manga faster in addition to gain more experience in scanlating, but then realized the glaring limitations that come with doing indirect translations. (Link to mistranslations on our latest chapter (mostly fixed now and should be more accurate with the raws)): https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/dxjsem/disc_mairimashita_irumakun_vol_8_chapter_67/f7sd32r/ )

Also, @LyallKins said he has considered deleting our version of this chapter once a superior version comes out (which is this one). I'd suggest you follow this version instead, as it has better typesetting, should be more accurate to the raws and have better flow of dialogues.

Edit: Fixed broken link.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for this release!

I especially like how page 14 now has much more clearer and easier-to-catch meaning in regards to Balam-sensei's ability.

Also, when you think about it, depending on how it really works, his power could potentially be the biggest factor that kickstarts his fascination in "mystical" creatures, like whenever someone says "those aren't real!" BEEBEEEEP! His power dictates that's a lie, indirectly informing him that the creatures are real.

Oh yeah, this translation is so much better. And not extremely convoluted like the other one. That's the beauty of translating directly from raws and also having someone actually proofreading the script.

@viewtiful Afternoon Teashop is basically just Wicked House again, same low quality but just slightly faster (for now). In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Wicked House under a different name, attempting to take back over Iruma-kun's English scanlation after dropping it.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the chapter! I finally understand what they're talking about in regards to Balam's ability.

Dex-chan lover
A reminder that sniping promotes competition and that's actually good.

Personally, I didn't see anything different other than word choices/grammar. But I guess it's because I understood the subtext so it made sense.

Fed-Kun's army
Gotta admit, the quality difference is night and day from the others. Keep up the good work Anonymous!

everything makes more sense when anon uploads chapters. It wasn't clear what his skill/power could do in the other upload. It also makes less sense to call the two parents instead of guardians.

Users who are viewing this thread