Release That Witch - Ch. 87 - The Spring Breeze of Reform Blows

Dex-chan lover
Considering their hygiene practices, they're probably already eating poop in their food and don't even notice it.

Dex-chan lover
Oh come on author, I get that you want to make his kingdom leaps and bounds beyond others but “inventing” manure? The use of manure as fertilizer is an ancient practice, literal thousands of years old. There’s no way they wouldn’t be aware of it.

Aggregator gang
Is it possible to use human excess as fertilizer? I thought it's highly infectious?

Dex-chan lover
Good idea - now he can transfer human diseases more easily to his subjects.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah I’m too lazy to tag the other two who mentioned it but it’s not it really really bad to use human feces are fertilizer? Smh.

Dex-chan lover
I thought there will be some gruesome mutations after taking a pill, not just some farming stuff

Dex-chan lover
His next plan is to infect the entire populace in his territory with parasites that uses humans as vectors, starting with the class/caste with the worst hygiene and living conditions, and likely most diseases to spread? Sounds like it can't go wrong.

That said, I am unsure how infectious this kind of route is (I just know that it is often mentioned as the reason we use cow-dung as opposed to humans), and if they take care in cooking all food first it is very likely to be perfectly fine (so no salads).

Contributor
The feces from omnivores/carnivores is actually not that good to use as fertilizer, and can actually be very dangerous disease-wise. On the other hand, isolating the feces through the use of a latrine system will help prevent the spread of diseases, so long as the "collection" is properly taken care of (like burning or incineration in order to prevent build-up).

Dex-chan lover
@ksen No mutations.
The pills are basically just really addictive, to the point that, after having one of them just once, the withdrawal kills 100% of the time after 3 days of not having a pill (or of not having at least one of the pills if they've been given both). They do have their stated effects though... alongside the side effect of making them lose some of their sanity and sense of self each dose, becoming mindless slaughter machines after three or four pills, and still dying after five or six. IIRC

Dex-chan lover
Let's be honest, this is probably one of the first quality-of-life reforms any isekai person would shoot for.

Dex-chan lover
@feha
@Hounder
@ everyone else commenting about human waste being used as fertilizer

It is quite the unsafe practice, but remember, we have M A G I C.

Seriously tho, it's pretty safe if it's treated properly first, such as by being burned at a temperature high enough to kill the bad stuff, but low enough to avoid turning the shit to ashes. Now, if only we had a witch who could produce flames that can have high, stable temperatures, without igniting things if she didn't want it to... I'm imagining a green flame too for some reason...

Man, it's really something else when you see it drawn, instead of it just being in text form. LMAO XD

Dex-chan lover
It is fine to use human feces for plants that do not produce food for humans, but it is better to avoid using it for crops that produce food for humans, especially foods like carrots and potatoes.

Dex-chan lover
this chapter
iu

also, according to a farmer girl isekaid to nobunaga timeline. it is possible to use human feces as fertilizer if properly processed first

Users who are viewing this thread