Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 9 Ch. 70 - First Light

Dex-chan lover
I'm a little lost with the story of this chapter. What's happening?

@Umesan
Phos and their allies returned to Earth to bring back Sensei to the moon, the Earth gems fought back (Phos vs Bort, Padparadscha vs Rutile, etc).
When the fight reached a stalemate (Cinnabar poisoned almost everyone) and the gems started talking trying to reach a compromise, the lunarians (lead by Cairn) for some unknown reason destroyed Phos and collected their pieces to bring him back to the moon.

Jesus fucking christ so much happened this chapter I'm losing my mind. Padparadscha is so brutal, I can't believe basically everyone just got shattered LIKE THAT. Bort and Cinnabar and even Phos and Pad when they all got in that scuffle.

Euclase, god, Euclase, the emotional manipulation isn't good but they're right, they need to talk, and there was a moment when Pho's mistakes dawned on them and then EVERYTHING SOMEHOW WENT EVEN WORSE. Cairngorm, why, what the frick are you doing? All the symbolism in the new outfit is 100% disconcerting and then they went down and just crushed Phos's face even though it was completely unnecessary.

And Achmea has way overplayed his hand; no one else could possibly get the labor division to work at night, and no one else could be responsible directly or indirectly for Cairn's behavior right now. Also, WHERE IS SENSEI? Why is the single most important person in this debacle not there when his kids are trying to kill each other. Maybe he's trying to take a step back but THIS IS NOT THE TIME.

This chapter shattered my heart all over again.

Dex-chan lover
Welp, told you go to the moon is bad idea Phos. Now your buddy Cairn betrays you and The Lunarian gets free gems.
Cinnabar is freaking OP tho

Aggregator gang
@comedyxtragedy I don't think the Lunarians betray them. They only take back those 3 instead of everyone else. Maybe the reason to crush Pho's head is to bring back Lapis.

Fed-Kun's army
Press F for Padpa.

He died doing what he loved: Slicing everything to pieces.

Srly this chapter was brutal I still can't believe it.

Users who are viewing this thread