Side-scrolling Webtoons?

Group Leader
This might have to go into the "Suggestions" section of the forum, instead, but I thought I'd ask here first in case it already exists. I've had my eye on a really interesting webtoon that I'd like to translate, but it's supposed to read on the phone while held in landscape mode. Because it scrolls sideways, panels have a fixed height, but no fixed width, which would make it tricky to read on mangadex. I was just wondering if the reader already had a side-scrolling reading option like we do with the long-scrolling. ;w;

The One
Staff
Admin
@mangoruffy do you have a link to it?
sounds very intriguing

but we probably wouldn't implement such a feature for a couple of series.

Group Leader
@Lymus that's understandable, thanks for the reply :D

I guess if it ever does get uploaded, readers will just have to turn their monitors (or their heads) 90 degrees LOL

It's this new manhua, about a popular yet very flawed actress who gets tricked into thinking she's traveled back in time, but she's actually being filmed in a reality show: https://www.kuaikanmanhua.com/web/topic/5263/

The One
Staff
Admin
@mangoruffy hm, reads fine on pc as a longstrip 🤔

edit: ah, nevermind, that was only the first chapter, others are turned

The One
Staff
Admin
@mangoruffy the only solution i see, is to do clever cuts, maybe with some duplication, and rotate the parts 90° and post them panel wise.

edit: suggestion from another staff member "leave it as is, translate the page that tells people to turn their phones, so that they know it should be read on one"

Or you can upload it as it is and it will work just fine on phones. On PCs, though it's a little tricky, you can rotate the screen by Ctrl+Alt+LeftArrow to read, and revert it back by Ctrl+Alt+UpArrow when you've done reading. Can add a credit to notice readers at the beginning too.

Group Leader
update: we decided to make do! it's released ^o^
https://mangadex.org/title/43376

Users who are viewing this thread