Run Away With Me, Girl

MD staff, can you please do your job?

instead of going after commenters saying profanity, why don't you put mangas in their correct tags?

that way commenters won't say profanity and you won't have to tell them to shut up.

sincerely- a Concerned Commenter

Resident Yuripig
Group Leader
Evidently some comments were deleted because I can't follow the conversation train.... However, This IS a josei manga. It's published in Hatsu Kiss, which is one of Kodansha's Josei magazines.

Contributor
@Ichigo69 thx for adding further, I wasn't sure if it was too bold of me to say it wass josei considering im not familiar with magazines and apparently people were riled up enough at incorrect tagging to throw profanity? 😵
too bad I missed the deleted comments tho because now you have me curious

@anifd Josei doesn't include two WOMEN kissing eachother, that's like saying Seinen includes two Men kissing eachother.

Yaoi, Yuri, Shojou AI, Shounen AI there are 4 tags dedicated to this kind of thing, one of them for lighter stuff like kissing, other for banging

Josei means that the content is geared to a more mature or adult female audience, so this absolutely could be a fitting tag. However, it also should have a yuri tag at the very least, as it's concerning a storyline that depicts romance between two women.

That said, here's hoping the author does something more interesting than the stereotypical "I loved her but she broke up with me For Reasons to go marry a dude instead" trope. And that our mousey little MC ends up kicking her horrible long lost love to the curb, and maybe runs away with her Twitter-friend...

Sounds like people seem to be getting genre and demographic mixed up, judging by the hodgepodge comments remaining

@shadesofgreymoon yeah, i hope the same. That tired old stereotype is a plague upon yuri that should be exterminated with fire... lots and lots of fire. Considering the title though.... we'll probably get that same old shit with a ton of un-needed angst before MC-chan is a doormat who cant say no after basically getting used by bitch-chan in high school.

SOMEONE, FOR THE SAKE OF TIME AND SANITY PLEASE SPOIL ALL THAT'S HAPPENED IN THE RAWS SO FAR. I need to know whether it's worth to read it or if my time is better spent reading something else.

Contributor
@Comrade-Sandvich regardless, it's josei because the magazine is josei... just like how there is a distinction between yuri geared towards girls and yuri geared towards guys because of the way they're written. there are sections in some stores that even separate yuri for girls and yuri for guys apparently.

@Sabruness
mc meets midori's husband and she sees that he's abusive towards her. he was an incel and hates women because he was fat. husband met midori after graduating hs and losing weight. he gets her pregnant.mc and midori take a trip together. before they go on the trip she tells the husband that she plans to go through with wedding ceremony. the woman who says she loves the husband and with whom he likely has an affair has a picture of mc and midori kissing. on the trip, midori's says that the one she loves the most in the world is mc and that if the world can look so beautiful with the one she loves the most by her side then the one she wants to be with is mc.she apologizes and they talk about eloping while they're going home. midori gets beaten by the husband, some more stuff happens and they talk about eloping again and mc takes a punch from the husband and throws in a cool line when they're talking about eloping again. anyway so that you don't have to rely on my shit Japanese you can look at the spoilers here when more chapters come out if you're interested http://yuna9.com/blog-category-803.html

huh, i wonder if she just went along with it 'cause she felt pressured. still, some pretty awful things to say.

Users who are viewing this thread