Release That Witch - Ch. 86 - The Church's Invitation

Double-page supporter
Thank you for the release. It's fun.

As for that pill, I'm getting bad vibes from it, because it smells like concentrated magic power. Dirty power.

Dex-chan lover
I heard the novel
doesn't have harem end?
hope the comic changes that.

It was suprising the chapters kept on coming. I was just reading when you were uploading, and to my suprise, you were uploading faster than I could read! Thanks for the translations!

@kaminomikan The comic has changed a few (mostly tiny) things here and there, so it's possible.
Supposedly, the reason it turned out like that in the Web Novel is because of the author's wife. The artist for the comic doesn't have to go with that :p

Dex-chan lover
@kaminomikan: spoiler on that
He took only Anna and Nightingale with him.

@jimmyclear: If you want to know (it should come up soon enough anyway)
It give the person who use it superhuman strength/tolerance of pain for a period of time.

However,after taking even 1 pill, they become dependent on it and will wither away and die within a few days of not taking the pills.
Also, even if you keep on taking pills, eventually you'll die anyway as the period before the withering get shorter and shorter.
Further spoiler
The church just want all the soldiers to use it so they all die off and the church army can easily conquer everything (they have this plan to unite all humanity under their banner to basically goes Warhammer Imperials on the Xenos (Devils).

Garcia used the pills on the southern people and some of her soldiers, and when the church stop supplying her with pills (either because she realized their goal, or this made her realize their goal), she sacrificed the southerners first, but her soldiers eventually die anyway making her turn hostile against the church.
(they eventually 'kill' her)

Timothy on the other hand, is too dumb to realize the church's plot but 'smart' enough to stop using it on soldiers/knights, and just give the pills to forcefully conscripted peasants and use them as basically suicide chargers.
Needless to say, Roland was PISSED at Timothy wasting so much human lives like that and this became part of the trigger for Roland to seriously take down Timothy.

Btw Roland's youngest sister is a witch whose ability is a passive stat buff (increases INT), and eventually she form alliance with Roland and is one of the few people who can converse with Anna on the more advanced topics like physics.

Sigh, I think this is the first time I can't read a comic of the original LN because the art is so terrible. I mean there is such a disconnect from the tone of the original story, it looks absolutely nothing like what the world of the original novel is supposed to be like. It's completely cartoonish in a bad way.
It looks way more like an online virtual world in a game than it does anything like the middle ages which it is supposed to portray. I just can't take it seriously.
I mean the entire concept of the story was that it was support to be a somewhat authentic portrayal of the middle ages with magic being introduced in a such a way it aids rapid industrialization and technological development using knowledge from the modern world.
Instead it looks like a fucking fantasy virtual reality video game, complete with over-sized armors and brightly colored anime girls.

Aggregator gang
Interesting changes. Besides cutting out that The Church noticed how much food he bought - enough so that no one starved - IIRC that scene with Nightingale didn't happen in the novel.
Instead Anna made the first move and he went with and even married Anna. Is he going to choose the best girl instead? Or harem? Sometimes it isn't bad to diverge from the source somewhat.

@Gabagu
Well that's your opinion anyhow. I rather like the art. Although they did make Anna and Nana younger looking than what their ages should be. They did much better with characters after that. And I don't think the first few chapters where right with regard to scenery etc - like they hadn't read the novel. But that's pretty much my complaints. I think the art currently is great. I guess you have your own opinion. (shrugs)

Aggregator gang
@cloud04
From the Royal Decree, every sons and daughters are given a territory to manage it. The youngest sister are given the territory of mining town at Central Region, but she is running away to the southern islands cause the islanders are friendly towards the witches. She with another escaped witch then building an empty island and next time that island become the place for escaped witches.
Sorry for bad English.

I bet it's kinda drug not the medicine. He'd be replaced by fake person like his father then...

Dex-chan lover
@cloud04:
Since she's a witch, she knew she couldn't really stay around while the church is in charge.

Instead she invite other witches to form a witch community, similar to Roland's idea, among the fjord's islands where it's harder for the church to reach them and the islanders aren't as pious (they crush any church on the islands to remove their influences before settling down on an island)

She sent her waifu (yes yuri) to Roland, which had them clash a bit (mostly about whether it's a good thing to keep the witches in Border Town or move them to the island)
Result were...positive overall, and as part of showing her goodwill she agree to let some of the island witches come help develop Border Town.
One of the people on her list has the ability to basically see the truth, which she put her on the list in hope of having this girl check if this Roland is the 'real' Roland or just a fake/manipulated by a witch.
Surprise surprise it's the genuine Roland.

Over time she even come to spend sometimes studying in Border Town and accept the current Roland as brother.
Ending spoiler
After Roland disappeared with Anna and Nightingale, she became the new queen of Graycastle and basically continued his legacy.

Users who are viewing this thread