Dad Is a Hero, Mom Is a Spirit, I'm a Reincarnator - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
@Alx-Jeager115 I'm going to guess that because the ceremony was botched, the royal family will use that as some excuse to get rid of Aria and try to marry someone back into Rovel's family.
If it's under the pretense of an unfaithful bride being rejected by Rovel's family it would be easy for the royals to basically free up the marriage slot.

Gonna guess she wants to force a public display of Aria being fully embraced by her new in-laws and husband so that the royal family lose their excuse for further marriage shenanigans.

Dex-chan lover
@Alx-Jeager115 taking a wild guess, she got cursed by the spirits for breaking the vow, and her mother nullified the curse (despite it remaining). The royal family might wish to extract that nullification to hide thier curse.

Dex-chan lover
Are all spirit children mentally 'grown up' the way she is? Because they never seem to think its strange that she acts like an adult so often...

Also, I feel like the spirits shouldn't blame an entire family for a single person's crime. I've never understood 'the sins of the father'. It isn't like the child was at fault in any way, so why blame them?

Dex-chan lover
@Alx-Jeager115 I suspect that due to royal family losing their only spy in the Vankreit household, they made Aria into one thru unknown circumstances. Another of my speculation is that they can make her a scrape goat by somehow putting the household into shame which in turn somehow force the household to become the royal family's slaves. The last one seems more viable thou.

Dex-chan lover
@eng1 I don't about that. The royal family doesn't know why the spirits hate them and they're not even aware that they have been cursed. Even if they do secretly knew why they are hated, they still don't know about the curse placed on them because only spirits can only see it.

@Riger the curse wasn't give by the "spirits" but it was the anger and resentment towards the royal family from the spirits were killed so that curse won't go away due to their resentment that is doomed to remain as long as the royal bloodline remains

Dex-chan lover
@Riger
Lineage and legacy is a big deal, and punishing the lone perpetrator isn't enough for the spirits, who many have died. The perpetrator's family and descendants will now also blame him.

Besides, the curse is not really a big deal for anyone other than the royal family. The curse only meant that they can't receive favor and support from the spirits anymore. Their right to rule is also invalidated, but I think the vassal states can govern themselves fine (and get annexed to another country).

Double-page supporter
@Riger I mean, it's kind of to teach them a lesson that clearly went over their heads, it seems like the story wasn't even passed down. The current King isn't really any better anyway. He knows he'll never be able to use the power of the spirits so he's scheming to force the MC and her father's family into a position that he can control them from, or possibly trying to get the MC to marry his son to try to remove the curse forcefully as, if the royal family has the same blood as the spirits, the curse wouldn't be able to stop them from using that power anymore.

Besides it doesn't say that none of the King's family was involved in those sacrifices. Even if they weren't, cursing the entire family would be the best way to keep him from ever being able to use the power that he desired so much, he was willing to kill a bunch of spirits to obtain it. They could probably undo the curse after this king dies starting with his son that wants to be friends with spirits but even if that happens, it won't be for a long time.

Dex-chan lover
@Riger You obviously haven't hated someone so much that you hate even their dog, even their plants, even their damn shoes. Now multiply that to countless sacrifices then you have a curse that extends on a whole bloodline. Honestly, at least they haven't outright just killed them all already. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dex-chan lover
@Riger Keep in mind that the Fae aren't human, so it's a bit of blue and orange mentality in this instance, though the reason it remains popular in fiction is the traditional belief found in many cultures about the importance of a person's lineage. Imagine fucking up so bad you get your line cursed for generations and, since this generally goes hand-in-hand with the belief in an afterlife, having all eternity to be tormented by your ancestors and descendants.

In this specific case, I think the length of the curse (about 10 generations) could be viewed as the direct descendants (so the king's children and grandchildren) feeling angry at him for getting them cursed, but maybe feeling he was justified; could also be some shame at his hubris, but I wouldn't count on it, since the family we've seen has done nothing other than try and weasel their way back into having access to the spirits' powers. Anyway, after a few more generations, it just turns to resentment at not having that power, making them even less likely to try and make amends, which makes the spirits feel more justified in their wrath.

And, to be fair, they're not exactly wrong, seeing how the dude basically committed a minor genocide against the people he was going to for help, probably with the approval of his people, since that's not the kind of thing one person could do on their own.

Double-page supporter
so a king tried to force his way into heaven by sacrificing lesser spirits but he ended up getting his family cursed as a result, and now centuries later a decendant is trying to break the curse the only way he knows how, through schemes, again inadvertaintly walking the same path as his ancestor. i feel the answer is connected to his son. also this reminds me of ffxiv heavens ward where the dragons declared genocidal war on ishgard due to what happened in the past despite no one remembering why.(besides the dragons themselves.)

Dex-chan lover
wait so they are gonna act like the aunt was just horny? didnt the dad had a semi charm skill? i was like sure they explained at some point

Double-page supporter
@Hollow7F i think its more of hero worship that got in the way of her marraige. just a guess but she doesnt really love him, it more akin to a type of obsession.

Users who are viewing this thread