Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I am unlikely to be interested in reading this

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No, I would not be interested in reading this

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dex-chan lover
So, inspired by a concept I throw around in this thread, I've been working on a light-novel styled Isekai that I will probably uploaded to Original Fiction

I'm trying to gauge interest here because this forum is used much more than that one. If we ever have a sister site like "Noveldex" or something similar, I will upload it there as well. The writing style is inspired by Romantic Literature, (e.g. Mary Shelly, some parts of Shakespeare, etc.) existentialist novels (duh) and will be satirizing (though this satire isn't comedic) the criticisms and observations I have with Isekais and the tropes in them.

As of the time I am writing this, I have 30 pages done and 1 volume (10 chapters) completed. I am halfway through Volume 2, but that will be revised after I publish volume 1 soon-ish (grammar and plot revisions to ensure consistency aside.) It is at 15,800 words and counting, and I expect it to be quite long overall. I want this to be really good as one of the go-to series and one of the pinnacles of what the Mangadex community can produce, so your feedback/interest is very important to this process.

This thread will be for critique/commentary, questions and answers, recommendations for literature around the suggested themes and topics, etc. that will help me improve my work or gauge how accurate I am to Existentialist philosophies and concepts.

Dex-chan lover
Also, I should note that I definitely have taken concepts and ideas found in works like Camus's The Stranger and Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man, as well as heavily drawing upon Absurdism and Buddhism as a foundation for some of the concepts presented. I'm interested to see how you guys consider it.

Dex-chan lover
Good news! @DANDAN_THE_DANDAN has been helping me out with editing/proof-reading. With their help, I can ensure the quality is drastically improved in terms of writing! Thank you so much, man!

Users who are viewing this thread