Kekkon shite mo Koi shiteru - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - Important To Me

Fed-Kun's army
Ah.. I was touched! As a military wife, my husband is gone all the time. It's not like I can't function without him, but I do get lonely.

jak

Contributor
@Abedeus - I think before was just played up for comedic purposes. She clearly loves her husband very much. This was the first serious drama.

Dex-chan lover
@jak

haha top notch comedy husband was feeling like shit for several chapters of being ignored by family while he worked long hours

jak

Contributor
@Abedeus - Or you just don't take it too seriously. It's clearly most of the time that its played up for comedy and his family loves him dearly.

... poor husband. it's a good thing that he's mentally strong. Being treated like that and in the end you're still the one who gotta adjust. I know it's played like that for comedic purposes but... in real life you'll end up exhausted.

AND THIS IS THE REASON WHY I'LL BE FOREVER ALONE!

Hmmm... comedic purposes or not, the message they tried to give in this chapter unfortunately rings hollow in light of the previous ones. She acts capricious, with only a handful of moments where anything shows, and even those are small things. From the beginning he's tried to hug her, kiss her, and she evades for... reasons? But now she feels justified to call him out? Maybe if they'd built it up better I'd find this chapter more insightful or heartwarming, but this feels more like an obligatory chapter.

This story needs more balance. It’s hard to sympathize with her when he’s working the overtime to support the family, and it’s not really frivolous on his part (well, they tossed in that “life consultation” thing at the end to justify him feeling bad for not thinking of his family when the rest of the manga he’s doing nothing but thinking of them 🙄).

I think it’s trying for a cuter vibe than it’s achieving. The wife and family come off pretty negatively, but I don’t think that’s the author’s intention.

Users who are viewing this thread