Zombie 100 ~Zombie ni Naru Made ni Shitai 100 no Koto~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 3.5 - Sakura Mochi of the Dead

Group Leader
Chapter 4 should come out tomorrow as usual, this is just a little bonus chapter we figured we'd release beforehand since it was done.

I like the MC's thought process much more than the girls.

Contributor
This was nice. It’ll be really interesting to see how Akira affects her over time. To Shizuka, someone like Akira should be beyond dead, but yet he isn’t. I’m betting seeing him just have fun and somehow not dying will make her put what she’s doing into perspective and find that she’s limiting herself. Hell, she even has 100 things to do in order to not become a zombie, and one of them was to not eat sugar, which seems to bother her a bit.

Dex-chan lover
Ugh, now that I've learnt how she is, I dislike her. Sure, preparedness is survival in this situation, but I can't shake the feeling of "control freak" in her.

Also, the list is a riot. Some are even advisable, others... I find the mixer with flight attendants particularly difficult.

Dex-chan lover
Nah, I don't like her. Too bad she's probably the main romance option.

Aggregator gang
Their approaches to the zombie apocalypse are opposites so I'm looking forward to their next meeting.
Nice to see her perspective and thought process. Wasn't much shown in-depth like the MC but still pretty okay.

Thanks for the chapter

Fed-Kun's army
Everyone is instantly hating on the girl, which I really don’t understand. I’m pretty sure the entire point of this manga is to make an effort to enjoy your life. That said, not everyone can make that transition, or come to that conclusion. I know that for me I sometimes struggle with trying to enjoy my life because I’ve never really had any MAJOR hardships. My health sucks, but my everyday life has always been pretty okay, I rarely feel like I had a bad day, which makes it difficult to find the motivation or justify enjoyment, as I’m someone who is very accomplishment-driven. Not to mention, there are thousands of “preppers” throughout the world who prepare to survive disastrous situations, and they rarely focus on anything fun, so the girl’s character DOES make sense. I think it’s pretty plain the author is planning for her to grow and change somehow due to MCs influence, while she’ll likely cause him to care about his own life more over time, considering he doesn’t really care about his life now, nor when he was miserably working. Neither one of them are wrong, one is just more fun, while the other has a chance to survive long enough to find peace because they were already satisfied with their life, even if it wasn’t as fun.

That was a thick block of text, but I had to give my opinion and couldn’t figure out where to paragraph break :p

Fed-Kun's army
The opposite dynamic of this remote contractor who prides herself on routine and efficiency and our protagonist who’s finally free of the “life” of a black company salaryman makes me look forward to seeing how they interact going forward.

Dex-chan lover
i don’t like her as a person - mainly because she took the main boy’s bike, a dick move - but she certainly is an interesting foil, all in all
a good character for the story the mangaka’s trying to tell

Dex-chan lover
As a person who would do what the girl did, I can really see that point of view. Someone who came to the store for fucking beer is a dead man, why not take a dead man's bicycle? Obviously it weighs on the conscience, but survival is survival. I like the MC a lot though, he's got the mental fortitude that no one else has to stay positive and enjoy life in a dark time, and if anything, he's more likely to survive than the girl. Morale is everything.

Dex-chan lover
Contrary to majority opinion, I actually find MC insufferable. A person who did not have the guts to voice his opinion and worked for a black company for years deserve to get his bicycle stolen under these circumstance LOL.

To people who think the girl was an ass for stealing the bicycle; Brad Pitt stole a car in World War Z too. Do you think he's at fault for that?

Users who are viewing this thread