Isekai Rakugo

Contributor
Great. Now I'm imagining an isekai where the MC is a stand-up comedian. Rather then do heroic things, he works at bars telling jokes about differences between this world and his old one.

"What's the deal with crop rotation?"

You could make so many punchlines about weird status screens, character stats, and skills doing isekai standup.

I'm always down for an isekai with an original plot ?

Thanks for translating! Looking forward to upcoming chapters ?

Contributor
Well, an original isekai with a different approach, follow. <3

Dex-chan lover
They will make anything into an isekai, won't they?

Still waiting on an inverted Isekai that isn't about other species overeating. Rather, the horrible reality of realizing this world sucks and the everyday aspects of trying to cope.
Or "Truck-kun 'truck-kuns' Truck-kun", the story of a Truck in another world, running over elves-n-shit.

Group Leader
Now I'm convinced they're just pulling ideas out of their ass a hat or something, and sticking "isekai" with it. At least it's original, so they've got that going for them.

@vexelpops
anything with rakugo is guaranteed to be boring
Except for those who like dry and slow humor...usually the much older folk.

Dex-chan lover
jokes are so ancient only dragons would like them

Fed-Kun's army
I'm a big fan of rakugo and i'd love to see a well-translated jokes in this

Aggregator gang
Only way for him to able to save the world from the Demon King is that the motivation for invasion is boredom rather than revenge or a sense of duty.

@Harry_Dong @Fuko

Old lived species are pretty bored in most fiction so if the Demon King is just bored or some Ancient /beings/dragon it is possible they stop fighting or at least protect their only source of entertainment.

Dex-chan lover
Sound like a generic cooking/slice of life isekai. Not going to read this boring thing.

riz

as usual a new manga wit isekai theme, but now wit a new concept 'Rakugo' which is i think somewhat similar wit one man standup comedy?
just follow for now..

orp

Why the actual hell this group picked up a rakugo-themed title when it's painfully obvious that they're going to be completely incapable of translating a single joke in a way that would make any sense.

Fed-Kun's army
@orp I agree. That was a really awkward translation, and they're already leaving words untranslated. Before even getting to the jokes. That's a bad sign..

And I don't mean any offense to the people translating. I'm sure they're trying hard! Continue to improve! But if you're going to do jokes, you need to be REALLY good at translating. And you need to actually TRANSLATE, not just leave things in Japan latinized spelling and then use footnotes. That's just gonna get really confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread