Least favorite anime ending?

VIP
Ending as in conclusion to the plot, or ending as in ending theme song? ?

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Hmm. Honestly, I'm not sure if my post will count.

I personally consider several anime endings to be pretty unsatisfactory.

Nisekoi, for example. I get that part of the problem with the harem genre is that you end up destroying your reader's fantasy if you allow the protagonist to get with any of the girls, but the author drew out the manga for so long that I lost any interest in who the protagonist ended up with. I just watched the ending to say I had.

Staff
Super Moderator
@EN
Which one though? End of Evangelion or the series end?

Contributor
The final episode of Gundam 08th MS Team is so boring, pointless and bad that apparently when Toonami aired the show in the US, they never even bothered to air it and just ended it on the second to last episode. Having seen said final episode, I can safely say that Toonami did the right thing.

Staff
Super Moderator
@Dysisa
I never was much of a Gundam fan. The universe is just too intimidating to get into with the amount of content out there.

ahem ...

tbh death note ending is bad imho , i want to see the real Light Yagami's rule in the world , but alas ...

the least fave however , another , it just doesn't make sense , killing the deceased then end ? what about breaking the curse permanently or something , the ending when a lot of unresolved things remains ... DAI KIRAIIIIIIII DAAAAAAAA *flip table* (except the no further source ending like most ln-adapted animes)

@Zephyrus team-harem ? sucks to be you , i was in team-chitoge ever since the first chapter released

Staff
Admin
Toradora ending was complete garbage.

The whole her disappearing for a year and shit just left me bitter.

I raged about it at work the following day it pissed me off that much.

Staff
Admin
@cubealert25

Oreimouto should've just gone with Ayase - best girl.

The actual ending was meh, but his editor wouldn't let him do the wincest route iirc... Hence why Ayase would've been better.

Contributor
@Zephyrus
I feel you, it's a huuuge investment to dive into it all. I (usually) don't regret making that dive though. ?

It's a preliminary answer, but Serial Experiments Lain's ending was a big disappointment for me. Of course, a revision is due, but to have all the show questioning existence in new and interesting ways to end up with the same old answer fucked me bad.
And the Shinigami no Baraddo 6th episode end was also such a let down that left me speechless (apart from a painful cry that sank into the night).

@ixlone oreimo was designed to tackle incest-wall in author's mind , so according to word of god , eromanga-sensei , the spiritual successor to oreimo that don't have the wall problem have better kind of end , but still not a complete ending in the end .

about toradora ... well it's in the job-desc (read:title) so any other ship would not be acceptable , but i agree her disappearance is bad , we need to know what happened to her while she disappeared to make things flow correctly . i haven't read the ln yet but assuming ln is there to plug the plot-hole it should be there .

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Glasslip in a nutshell:

RkVly6o.jpg

Come to think of it I basically stopped watching anime soon after that season

Aggregator gang
for me it's the original FMA series (with the conqueror of shamballa movie)
i loved that show but i'm so glad brotherhood has a much better ending lol

Dex-chan lover
School Rumble both Anime Adaption and Manga.

Anime Adaption cause Third (and last) Trimester was shortened to just OVA, making it sudden and extremely hard to follow if one did not finish the manga. I understand that they started to screw up near the end of season 2 since they ran out of content and used fillers. I believe they should've weaved the fillers through season 2 but definitely postpone season 3, so they could make a proper season (cause there was enough content at the end to atleast make a 12episode).

Manga cause that ending was so bittersweet. It felt more bitter than sweet that Tenma went to America and Harima went on a road-trip. I hate it even more that Karasuma suddenly admitted his love, Harima had to push Tenma to Karasuma, and everyone accepted Harima as someone who loved Tenma no matter what...

But the thing I hated the most was how logical that ending was!!! I can't refute the ending as the one true ending. The character development, the events that brought them where they are, the showcasing of each person's desires. Harima loved Tenma from the start to the end, Yakuma crushed on Harima but she knew he loved her sister. Karasuma wasn't impossibly dense but had a reason to shy away from Tenma, there wasn't any time for Tenma to actually fall in love with Harima cause of all the misunderstandings, and Eri was Eri.

Yakuma is still best though.

Fed-Kun's army
Oreimo and Akame ga Kill
In the first one the MC rejected all the other heroines in the story just for a limited time relationship with his flesh n' blood sister and in the second one the MC was prematurely killed in a battle while heroically saving a bunch of people however this ending was so far away from it's source material it pissed me off.

Users who are viewing this thread