What's the worst manga you've read?

Do one-shots count? If so, then it is definitely Yoru no Kouen, it is so bad. Literally everything about it is bad, I did rate it a 2 instead of 1 because it is so bad that that it's kind of funny.

Dex-chan lover
Holy Knight (technically it's not an H so...) takes the cake for me. Why? Well get about 4 chapters into it and you'll know why and guess what it only gets worse from there.

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty good at forgetting the crap but maybe someone can help me remember this one.

Its a monsters and esper powers manga set in modern Japan. It follows a girl awakening to her power and starts out lighthearted with some fights, some mystery and a bit of humor. Its well drawn and well written - an enjoyable read for the first half or maybe even first three quarters.

Then it reads as if the author has had a mental breakdown and decided to inflict as much pain on his readers as possible. The aloof pretty boy character is raped to death by a huge gay guy. Her mysterious and powerful sister dies pointlessly. Her mother is shot by a crazy rioter. I think even the main and her friend are raped at some point. At the end the main flips out and levels the entire world with her out of control power leaving on her and her friend to play in the ashes.

As far as (initial) premise and artwork go, it wasn't a bad manga but I cant think of anything I regret reading more.

Fed-Kun's army
@Drifter, you're thinking of Narutaru, its by the same author of Bokurano and 'starts out stereotypical then gives way to bleakly depressing' was his signature style for a hot second. I'd recommend his works if you a) have clinical depression and want something which affirms your worldview or b) don't have depression but u want to

When I saw this post I thought about Domina no Do!. It is certainly bad, but more like the common bad manga : plot and characters and drawing are simply unremarkable.
What makes me mention it is the CONSTANT use of sexual innuendos and genitalia depiction that starts midway into the manga.
This is what it looks like: https://mangadex.org/chapter/165531/19

What are you talking about, @deleteTF? This manga is giving me surprisingly helpful cleaning tips.

EDIT: NEVERMIND NEVERMIND JUST GOT TO THE END

Dex-chan lover
@Sleepyknight Thank you, that is certainly the one I was thinking of. For those who haven't read and want an idea just look at those happy whimsical characters on the cover. That is the first half of the manga. Now imagine both of them being brutalized by a bunch of fat hairy men. That is the second half.

https://mangadex.org/title/1394/narutaru

Makes sense that he also wrote Bokurano - Another manga, initially well crafted and intriguing, that I would recommend only to enemies and people who are just too happy. BTW. The Soundtrack to the Bokurano anime is amazing.

I don't normally try to think about the worst stuff but recently I read a manwha called Rich player or something and while the metric for bad is pretty large this was atrocious to me because from the get go there were no people that were relatable or intresting no struggles or goals the chatacters had to achieve and to top it all off the worst part was that this dude was pay to win who drops billions on a game just to flex, biggest waste of my time ever I still read it ever so often just to see if it got anywhere in the translations

The worst one I read was one called "Akane" I think. 9 chapters of pure pain

Also @Haikaka Domina no Do! was also pretty bad too. Thanks for reminding me of that :/

You're welcome ^^
I can't find the Akane one, can you remember the full name ?

This one: https://mangadex.org/title/2261/akane-chan-overdrive

I gave a quick look and I'm sure this is the one.

Uchi no Musume ni Te wo Dasuna!: Oyako Heroine Funtousu
Don't Meddle With My Daughter

Trash. Ecchi superhero manga where a daughter takes over her mother's superhero moniker... But the enemies always try to rape her so Mom has to save the day and get molested again and again. Bad art and nonexistent story... And I love a good ecchi

Rengoku no Karma for sure..
https://mangadex.org/title/14787/rengoku-no-karma

All the characters are shitty and just make you mad. Their actions make absolutely no sense... The plot is constantly adding shit out of the blue and its depiction of bullying, suicide and other issues is absolutely atrocious. Read it if you want to lose some hope in humanity and be pissed beyond belief.

If it's so bad I will drop it on the spot so there are not many of them.
Regardless, one stands out from my drop list: Zettai Karen Children https://mangadex.org/title/820
Starting out fine, getting more interesting as the story went but at some point, I didn't know what I were reading anymore. Some infamous prolonged shounen manga do a better job tbh.

Dex-chan lover
Gantz was building up to be at least the most frustrating manga, but I kept going for some reason, and it ended up not bad. I haven't finished it yet, though. It's on hold.

Power Uploader
Tsumi ni Nureta Futari. It's a repetitive and overdramatic rollercoaster of poorly executed dramatic clichés, bad characters and a maniqueist situations.

Suicide Boy is such a depressing web comic. I'm not saying that it's bad or worst, I'm just saying that it's depressing to read.

Users who are viewing this thread