Game of Familia: Kazoku Senki - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Birth of a New King

Double-page supporter
haha i cant get enough of this 5d chess manga.
edit:
also did i read that right? he comitted patricide? i mean i expected it but wow.

Aggregator gang
@silverden
Kind of makes me think of if Death Note had less words and became action heavy instead.

And yeah he killed his father from what I understood.

Dex-chan lover
Not sure why, but this isn't as bad as it was in the beggining.

What gets me is that at the end no one questions who tf killed the king, and instead just cheered for the winner.

so he sacrificed "what it means to be a human"? what is this supposed to be?

I get the feeling he sacrificed the two sisters and his stepmother, one for each spirit king.. but don't ask me how that happened because I have no idea how it works.

Dex-chan lover
Next chap, we get to see that Sasae forgot to release his sister from her earth prison and she's stuck in there forever.

Dex-chan lover
No! What did the king do to deserve such a sad end?
*Reads previous 7 chapters*
Still not seeing it...

@Mokkael idk.. now I don't buy this whole " I want to protect them" argument. This dude is a psychopath and I'm sure he's not good in the head

@henkingu My guess it that him growing up without a mother (we still don´t know about the woman who gave birth to him) made him develop an obsession/craving for female attention.
i.e. "Everyone who tries to take my family from me will pay, even family itself"

Dex-chan lover
@henkingu he definitely wants to protect his family, that much is obvious, that's literally what has motivated all his decisions in the manga, rescuing them from their own mistakes. There is literally nothing in the whole book to suggest that isn't the case. Even his reveal of being the one to kill his father, was so that his father couldn't complete the con and ditch them. You might want to reread if you think that he doesn't want to protect his family.

It's basically the "Dark is not Evil" and "Good is not soft" tropes in effect.

Users who are viewing this thread