I'm Destined for Greatness! - Ch. 7

Aggregator gang
It's pretty funny
Love the face when he pointed out the goblin warning

So it seems like you get that skill if you invest a huge amount of your points in Luck. It'd be bad if it's available to all players, so hopefully this is a one-time thing since the MC is the first one to gain that skill cause of all of his Luck. He must've eaten a lot of fucking Rabbit Feet since his Luck is literally above 500, while that blue haired dude is at like 17...

I think the other stat points will give a special skill if you reach a specific threshold, like how it's shown for Luck in here, or maybe it's only for stats that are seen as useless

Double-page supporter
I like the mc and it's fun. Needs a clearer antagonist though to be more interesting but that'll come in due time I suppose.

Double-page supporter
Because we can never have a balanced MMO comic protag.

Group Leader
This was a fun start.
I mean, a MC that explicitly forgoes the META to have fun, that's good.
Now he puts everything in Luck, just because it's supposed to be a trash stat... and gets strange and unpredictable bonuses.
Yeah, this is still fun for me 😁

This is a fun read. Can't wait for more.
Is the discord link correct? I can't get in.

Stamina should be durability.

Aggregator gang
man this just blows since we all know now everything falls to mc's lap.
Game that leans to realism but doesn't have equip stat requirements and unique skill for luck alone, I guess all the other stats don't give squat.
How can he kill all the goblins in a flash without AGI?? Does luck stat give speed?
I Expected this but I'm still disappointed at the outcome.

Dex-chan lover
The first chapter gave me hope that it wouldn't be a "secret power that no one knows because of no investment."
From what I got out of it, the blacksmith is capable of pulling out any weapon because, well, he's a blacksmith. Though since blacksmith is a crafter class, there's no way it even compares to the firepower of standard warriors and paladins. It seemed like skill, and yes, a few secrets (not too op), made him capable of such feats.
But now, investing all his points in luck. It's just... disappointing.

This series reminds of Legendary Moonlight Sculptor. Although in that one, while yes, the main character gets a secret class that no ones knows, the author presents his character as someone who has worked his ass off to get to where he is, and is capable of making up the "sculptor" side in combat. He gets new, powerful skills, but not without restriction. I recommend it, but take note. The longer it goes on, the more you find it repetitive.

On the other hand, there's also hardcore leveling warrior who basically has the same skillset as our main character here, but I feel HCLW does a better job than this (granted since the licensing I haven't been following the series. really should read it again). Though I suppose this is because the MC is presented as a veteran player, so him understanding the secrets and knowledge behind skills and interactions makes sense. That, as well as the fact that as far as im aware, he doesn't avoid every single attack because evasion is apparently using solely luck. That along with critical hits being practically 100%. I don't see any of that on him. He really just gives off the vibe of a veteran player with a gambling skillset, versus this guy gaining immense power because. you know. 99.9% chance for crits, evade, and loot bonus?

I guess i'm judging the series too hard at chapter 7. but my thoughts are there.

Users who are viewing this thread