Gugure! Kokkuri-san

Group Leader
FYI: As someone has uploaded all of the Crunchyroll chapters of GuguKoku onto aggregator sites and 1) people seem to prefer reading those over my scanlations and 2) I'm pretty busy IRL these days, I currently don't plan to work on any more chapters. I chose to upload the chapters I did work on just in case people wanted to check it out here, so sorry for the confusion!

If people show interest in me continuing my scanlation of this, I'll be happy to reconsider at some point.

Double-page supporter
So glad these are here. I'm trying to read this series officially on Crunchyroll, but every few chapters (every chapter early on) there's always a page missing that won't load. I've reported most of them to CR itself, but they barely respond and so far, they haven't fixed anything. Sad days when fan scanlations and "piracy" sites are more reliable than a pay site AND have better reader apps too.

I literally have to go to this site to view the pages that just won't load on Crunchyroll. Makes me wonder what I'm paying them for. Mangadex is so much better in every way than most pay sites, and they're funded by donations...

Group Leader
A sensational SoL manga, probably one of the best there is. Having around a hundred chapter or so, the comedy has always remained exquisite throughout - I always find me quietly chuckling to myself here and there! There’s some light-hearted, emotional yet sometimes heavy plotlines sprinkled in some chapters. They’re few, but it’s enough to keep a person who usually cares about plot like me interested, and shed a few tears, even. All and all a hilarious manga that’s definitely worth the read

Contributor
A crossover parody you'll best appreciate if you're old enough to remember the characters they're parodying.... Tomoe Hotaru AKA Sailor Saturn, more morbid and gothloli than usual and stalked by tsundere NGE Asuka, lives neglected on cup noodles until lolicon(?) Youko Kurama and IY Miroku crossed with his tanuki familiar adopt/babysit her. There's also a catgirl. And tentacles. And a Ranma hot springs parody. And some pretty straightyup Inuyasha plot lampoon at the end.

I feel like a lot of younger fans, who didn't grow up with the 90's source material, won't realize how utterly hilarious this is. Don't get me wrong, it's funny in its own right- but the fact that it's basically a crossover fanfic lampooning all of the popular 90's mega-franchises is what really makes me giggle. And with the possible exception of Miroku, the chars parodied were all HUGE fan favorites at the time. A few still are.

Kamisama Kiss is a bad Yuuyuu Hakusho/IY fanfic too, but unlike it, Gugure is self-aware... And hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread