Author Japan’s Ministry of Health Distributes Free Sailor Moon Condoms
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN
"How is this thread still active?"

Last edited 15 days ago by Thoughtgap.
@Rhaptopia
Like don't they already have a problem with child birth like seriously isn't this just stupid they should provide them with a hole smh.

As the article mentions this was done as a means to prevent people from contacting STI during sex.
@May_Lily
I still have yet to see anyone in the US call them "STI", in place of "STD", so it's all the more interesting seeing Japan go out of their way to use a seemingly unpopular [albeit official] English phrase on their condoms. Honestly, that feels more out of place in the topic than a cheerfully winking magic girl. ..well, maybe. That wink is rather cringey given the context, after all. :P

Hm. . .it might be do to the fact Japan is a different society compared to English countries. The word might not have as bad a rep as it does in those other countries. With that said I am not familiar with why STI is unpopular where I live, but that is because it's a subject I am not as focus on. Thinking about it up until now the only initials I was familiar with was "STD," and I didn't think much about it when referring to the article.
If this wasn't the MD community, I would not believe this story exists in the slightest. This is definitely one of the most bizarre ideas I have ever heard in my entire 26 years of living. I guess a hardcore chunni could think this is a great idea(maybe), but your average person or otaku, not so much. Of all the people to team up with, the MOH? Wot. And why Sailor Moon?
@goodie-bag WOuld you prefer one with "things" from Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Overfiend?

Then again, don't answer.
@May_Lily
Serves them right
What are the odds someone yells "MOON... PRISM... POWER!!!" using these?
@gameguy95
🀣