Japan’s Ministry of Health Distributes Free Sailor Moon Condoms

Japan's Ministry of Health, labour, and welfare is partnering with Naoko Takeuchi, the author behind Sailor Moon, to make Sailor Moon theme condoms to hand out to the public for free during STI Prevention Events that will be held this month. The first one was already held yesterday at the capital Fukuoka, and a second event is going to be held on the 15th at the capital of Hiroshima.

You can see what the condom package looks like here: https://www.otakuusamagazine.com/japans-ministry-health-distributes-free-sailor-moon-condoms/

Earlier in the year I learn of animal theme condoms that were being use to spread awareness of endanger species, and now this. I wonder if the condoms themselves are pink in color, and.or feature either Sailor Moon, or the symbols of the series, like the crescent moon.

Dex-chan lover
That's fucking stupid. I couldn't imagine what's worse than having a magical girl transformation by putting on a rubber and shouting "SAILOR MOON!" when you climax. That would just ruin the mood, tbh.

But it's going to be a great way to teach health class with recognizable characters, I mean that would be equivalent to if US use Sesame Street to a health class.

Miku best girl
Admin
This deserves a sticky! (no pun intended)

@Tamerlane

That's fucking stupid. I couldn't imagine what's worse than having a magical girl transformation by putting on a rubber and shouting "SAILOR MOON!" when you climax. That would just ruin the mood, tbh.

Not if the couples are huge Sailor Moon fans.

d22.jpeg

@gomichandesu

Dex-chan lover
Do each condom pack come with a set amount of different looking condoms eg Girl 1 x1 Girl 2 x1 Girl 3 x 1 and so on, or are they limited to one girl per pack or is it actually random per pack?

Dex-chan lover
Not if the couples are huge Sailor Moon fans.
There are Hello Kitty rubbers. Don't see the big deal.

Sailor Moon ended its run in 1997 (and its Shoujo), I dont think any young couple will be much of a fan ... they might as well put Doraemon and that is the hilarity of this thing, its a old series that doesnt connect to the current generation and the stuff that would appeal to the current generation would not really want to be connected to condoms and the people that would be "hugh fans" would be in their 30-40's, it looks the usual generation disconnect like 30 Rock “How do you do, fellow kids?”

if you want to say its a "recognizable icon" ... well Sailor Moon Crystal, see anything about it?

Dex-chan lover
Depending on merchandise, 20k Yen Figurines are not really aimed at young fans due to their price tag and other cheaper stuff like pens and cases are brought by their parents who maybe are fans.

Also we are talking about condoms here, sexual education will be around 12-15 (not that Japan apparently likes taking about it) so are you saying that a series that ended 22 years ago is going to be reflected in that group age? What I am pointing out is the disconnect since I dont think a series that was written a generation ago will going to reflect much on future generations, just one example ... social media were Line and smart phones are so common to the current generation that takes then for granted and are part of their social lives didnt exist in 1997,if you look at long running series like PreCure you see over time the shifts due to changing trends but Sailor Moon ended in 1997 and havent changed from that time.

And we are taking about a government incentive here, the animals one is also really silly (I mean, seriously) and if this is to raise awareness over STI they are missing the demographics.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine explaining to your kid that he was born because the sailor moon rubber broke...

Or worse that you got AIDS from it...

Users who are viewing this thread