Author Chapter 20 (Assassin's Pride)
@Doomer Head maids and butlers are actually quite high up the social ladder for a lot of families in medieval times. A lot of the times, maids of really high ranking nobles are noblewomen as well. They usually go there for training and the one who trains them are also high ranking maids (just like squires are also noble boys that are being trained by knights). Combine that with the fact that Melida has a VERY low standing in the family (she's being branded as a bastard child, after all) then it's pretty easy to see that the head maid has a much higher standing than Melida and her servants combined. Don't get me wrong, she won't get away if she physically attacked Melida since there are still doubts about her parentage but harassing her is within the bounds what she can do.
She's lying. It was actually her
HAHAA! THATS WHAT YOU GET YOU FUCKING BABAA!
madeira gonna get spanked
Hah, so many Harry Potter vibes from this chapter.
I just wonder why they made a maid so obnoxious, she sounds more like a mother or a family member than a servant.
This is some damn Goblet of Fire ass shit here.
uh oh
I think what I like about Kufa's love for Melida is that it's very much a personification of his dreams for a better life, so everything she suffers is a personal insult to him.
Do they not realize because they are from the Angel family they couldn't do something like this.
Well they really went full Harry Potter on us huh?

Sweet scene at the end tho.
I love Kufa's pissed off vampire look towards the head maid when she belittle Melida.
Desce a madeira nela. Kkkk
Why couldn't he just murder everyone... Damn it. If only he don't have so much self control.
well i would say madeira is not responsible for making melida sad and depressed.
Melida's own thoughs are making her feel like that not madeira , she is choosing to interpret the situation in that way
this level of conspiracy is tedious