Golden Kamuy - Vol. 22 Ch. 214 - Ikazuchi-Class Destroyer vs. Karafuto Ferry

Dex-chan lover
Oh man, I was so confused when trying to read that magazine's title. Was that before they changed how you read horizontal writing to modern, left to right?

Group Leader
@Abedeus

Yeah, horizontal Japanese was written from right to left up until the end of World War II or so. A lot of other buildings signs you see throughout the series are written the same way.

@Abedeus

Same reason there's a meme to Shimakaze's ぜかまし since it should be read from right to left in that era.

They already killed a bear, raise a bear cub and fucked one, reall questopn what else can they do now

That poor captain. His ship is shaped like an icebreaker but its too early in history to be an icebreaker... I can't believe Sugimoto actually came up with a crazy strategy!! Iss~s that a Polar Bear?? In Hokkaido??

Dex-chan lover
@ehscans

That's why I thought, thanks. Strangely enough, I only encountered that in some one-shot about magical glasses (or was it magical optometrist? not sure) where the protagonist didn't know how to read the store's name, as it was written in pre-change way. I need to start paying more attention to kanji in this series, too...

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@dragon1412
@mini789
https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/dbpxvf/disc_golden_kamuy_ch_214/f23hzrl/
page 30:
https://books.google.ca/books?id=ykf3DAAAQBAJ&pg=PA30&lpg=PA30&dq=polar+bear+drifted+to+hokkaido&source=bl&ots=AQ2fd7rkNF&sig=ACfU3U376zn1iQInIPj3tvbY2MHRI-gTSg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj8843p8_rkAhWyLn0KHahkDmMQ6AEwEnoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=hokkaido&f=false

Double-page supporter
This is the denotative meaning of a wild ride. One moment we're at the edge of our seats thinking if they could escape or not, the next Shiraishi complains of being hungry and they all act like cute little idiots. I love Noda

Dex-chan lover
I love how the party of this dragon quest I mean, the group found another reliable Sniper. always good to have one around, on you side, lol

Users who are viewing this thread