Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 84

So is it safe to assume that's it okay to upload this series on here again?

Dex-chan lover
Any time you see a series get wiped here, it's usually because the scanlation group requested it. Often when you see a series "ressurected" in small amounts, it's been grabbed by a new group.

Didn't the last group that translated this series got a C&D? I may be missing some info if there was another reason for the C&D

@bufu12 It was always okay to upload your own translation/scanlation, but if a group doesn't allow that, of course you can't upload their work.

Contributor
@bufu12 Meraki got a C&D and dropped it where Jamini's picked it up. After that, the MD fiasco happened so a lot of groups jumped ship from MD and since MD's goal has always been to cater to scanlators they removed their chapters per their request. Solo Leveling Scans are here to fill the gap that Meraki and Jamini's left by leaving.

Contributor
@Deathhappens A lot of words were thrown around, a lot of misunderstandings, and I'd like to keep it as that before we entice the wrath of a mod.

Group Leader
@Deathhappens It's a long read.. and this is just MD's side of the story. There are a lot of "dramas" in the forum from couple of months back.

link: https://mangadex.org/thread/93392

I want to do a TL;DR but it most likely will misinterpreted the meaning.

Power Uploader
The colors of the images are weird, like they've been color corrected.
Translation seems really similar to jaimini. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i was wondering where this part in the web novel was, thought the manwha just skipped it entirely

Dex-chan lover
Broke: pulling your scanslations in a whiny hissyfit

Woke: releasing backfill chapters in reverse order

@Deathhappens Short version: Some older scanlating groups threw a bitch-fit because they saw some statements about what "going legit" for Mangadex might entail in the far future. They interpreted this as Mangadex intending to backstab them, pulled their respective scanlations, openly declared their intentions to drive Mangadex into destruction, fucked around for a couple of days, then left the site altogether.

Obviously, their behavior during this whole affair pissed me off, so I am biased in favor of Mangadex. Especially since some of the scanlation groups have sold out entirely to corporate entities and now allow various forms of corporate data-collection on their sites. Leviatan Scans now has Google syndication plugins, for example.

Users who are viewing this thread