Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - A Witch's Star Crest

Group Leader
And then C L I F F H A N G E R - K U N !!!!
Now the monthly wait is here : /

Fed-Kun's army
So. im still waiting till they become a 3rd party.
Cant be to long now right?

wow so they pretty much admit that the empire's goal is to genocide another country so why does he think there could be any chance for peace. this feels like a really slow version of that black adder sketch where they are like we have skulls on our uniform are we perhaps the baddies

Dex-chan lover
Shortstack to become the trigger to break the Status quo?.

Dex-chan lover
Sooo um just getting touched by the earth jizz gives you magic and suddenly your the enemy of the empire???
Still dunno how I feel about this series. Its kinda a meh scfi/fantasy wrapped in a romance thats barely interesting.
Thx for the chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@rin2k I could agree to that being a worthy reason, if only her personality wasn't entirely uninteresting. Although moving to a literary perspective, odds are author plan to use this arc to revise that.

Dex-chan lover
@Syanalassa
While yes, I can see where they come from. I would bet that this whole deal is because witches are stronger than the average human by default. Almost if not all can nott be tied down or suppressed by normal means. So what drives this idea of genocide is fear. Humans fear the witches, since they cant naturally defe d themselves against them unless they devote a massive amount of time, money, effort into doing so and also having good talent and equipment.

If a witch does not care and wants to kill someone, they can easily. It is difficult if not impossible the other way around. Unfortunately, most good people will be overlooked because of just a few bad ones. But since any of them have the potential, they are grouped together as being a threat. And since supression is impossible to ensure, genocide is the next best option. In other words, if you cannot solve the problem, eliminate the problem.

I guarentee the same thing would happen in our world. Fear of oppression from a source which you cannot normally contest with or restrain under normal means would drive many people to want to just eliminate the sorce as a whole so they could feel safe again.

There is no easy solution because either you eliminate one side entirely, seperate both sides permanently somehow where there is 0 chance of interference, or force the one side to become socially, economically, and politically inferior to the other (for example, slavery with a binding contract commonly shown in isekais). Since methods 2, 3, and 4 are incredibly undesirable and/or more or less impossible, all that is left is genocide.

A peaceful co-existence is only possible in small groups (like a single town or city where both sides respect it equally and are governed by their respective superiors to not harm its balance). As a whole it is impossible though, since all it would take is 1 or 2 tragities to start a devide, and all it takes is 1 person to cause a tragity. But, once that devide begins, it is almost impossible to patch it up, because the fear has already taken root in some.

Both MC and FMC are hoping for an unrealistic ideal. Their best possible outcome would be to either abandon their roles and live forever in the neutral territory, or form a powerful third party and conquer the other 2. However when they conquer the other 2, they must do so where both sides now fear them or at least respect their commands more so than they hate the other at a minimum. And while both have the individual potentials to do so, they lack the collective manpower and backings to do so. So they best desert their respective sides, leave all of it behind, cut all ties with their aquaintances who are either not their close friends, or who wont change their opinions, and just elope somewhere hidden and be done with it. Because there is no better answer where they have a happy peaceful life with eachother.

Dex-chan lover
@JavelinJoe I agree with everything you said with one exception. The fact that a Neutral territory where both sides can interact peacefully does exist does indicate there is a possibility for peaceful coexistence. Someone with power in the neutral territory must exist to enforce the neutral nature of said territory. If it works there, why can't other places also implement such a stance? Is it possible the neutral territory is some freak fluke?

Also don't forget the selfishness of both sides leaders, you forgot to mention that in your post. We have seen evidence of unbending selfish and evil desires in both sides leaderships.

Dex-chan lover
@wilddeath
I agree that the leaders are selfish, but I feel that they are just taking advantage of an opportunity which would both eliminate their fears and leave them with a higher level of power afterwards. Since I would bet once witches were dealt with, they would be less than willing to give up their powerful position.

As for the neutral city. I would bet that it is treated as a special existance for the war overall. It serves a purpose as well for both sodes. It not only offers an area to relax where fear of attack is at its minimum, but also allows for a place to speak openly with the enemy should the need occure (but seeing as it is now, the city will likely never be used for the second purpose, officially at least). Both sides benefit from it, and general civilians and retired soldiers can live their in moderate safety. Basically humans wanted a place to be able to relax or die peacefully in. Witches wanted a place to likely just live, relax, and die peacefully in as well. Irronically, both sides are human at their cores (only difference is one has some kind of super powers). So it is reasonable for such a place to exist given that it is only one such place. Its also a place for the wounded and disabled to go.

Given its highly cultural and entertainment driven venues, the city likely is there to serve as a "rest and recover / vacation" area for soldiers who are still on duty, but are not being used at the moment, or just returned from a battle.

Specking economically, a merchant does not care who pays as long as he makes a profit and is able to sleep at night. Best profits come from having inly one shared city. This way both sides are paying the bill while you only need to fund 1 location.

Speaking militaristicly, it serves another purpose as well. It is a place where information can be aquired without much risk or fear of death. Spies on both sides are likely rooted deep within that city.

wait huh did Alice just teleported in front of him and let out a sigh? lol
and to be honest I was thinking Iska would propose to her to go meet with Alice and ask her to take the captain in since she became a witch

Users who are viewing this thread