What's Next for the Pokémon Anime?

You all might have heard the news last week concerning what happen in Pokémon Sun and Moon (especially being that this news trended on twitter), but just in case some of you have not heard of this GameXplain reported on what has transpire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TTAqYqA91Y

So now that this particular event has happen there is a question, or anticipation perhaps (because I have not look into people's thoughts on this matter) within the Pokémon community of what approach the Pokémon anime series is going to take in the near future. I do recall reading an interview concerning the Pokémon anime a while back (which I cannot seem to find online at the moment) in which the interviewee in question who I believe was one of the people in charge of the anime starting that if something like this did happen then it would be the end of a journey. At the time of the interview the way the person gave the answer implied something like this will never happen, but here we are years later. This would imply that there has been a change in direction among the people who are currently in charge producing the Pokémon anime series, and this leads to the topic of this discussion: What changes do you all think, or hope, the Pokémon anime series is going to make going forward?

Dex-chan lover
I gave up on Pokémon when Ash returned to being a 10-12 year old or something. No more Misty and Brock, no more Pokémon for me.

I always hated how he kept using new and weak Pokémon and releasing strong ones. He never catches the legendary ones or anything either when he had the chances to. The romance with Misty was the only good selling point that kept me going. I was devastated when the producers started his adventure all over with him being a 10-12 year old. It killed me internally with how much I kept watching for years. He was so close to being bf/gf with Misty, then BAAAAAM turns 10 year old again. No Misty.

I might watch it again if they continue from back then... or actually move on to the manga type which RED or whoever it is, catches legendary Pokémon and actually mans up for romance.

With the recent news of the next upcoming Pokemon anime it's looking like the studio behind the show is not going to do neither of the options you wanted, Kuyu, but instead something entirely different, which I am looking forward to.

Concerning Pokéshipping, I use to be for the idea of Ash and Misty being a couple, and if the Pokémon anime series either had ended or at least Ash's journey had ended in the original series I would still consider the likely possibility of the two being a thing. However a lo has change since then and after watching Pokémon XY/XYZ I am more in support of what is known as Amourshipping, which is the belief that Ash and Serena, the deuteragonist of the story, would make for a good couple. Furthermore I learn a while back that much of the hints for Pokéshipping seen in the original anime was 4kids doing. The original dub was apparently more subtle about the hints.

Concerning Ash catching certain Pokémon I do not see a reason why Ash should catch a legendary for the sake of having one. If Ash, or any character in the anime for that matter, is going to own a legendary there should be a significant reason for it given how unique and in some cases significant they are in the world Pokémon takes place in. As for Ash catching weak pokémon and releasing strong ones that comes down to who Ash is as a person. Ash is always willing to put the needs and well being of his pokémon first even if it means letting them go. Furthermore it relates to his training philosophy as Ash is wiling to train ny pokemon regardless of how weak they are as he believes in the potential they have. This was something that was especially touched on during Pokémon Diamond and Pearl when Ash had is ideology of raising pokémon challenge by the rival of the story who pretty much goes about raising his pokémon the way you wanted Ash to.

Dex-chan lover
Pokemon ended for me when they got rid of the old cast (hell I still remember how pissed I was when they brought in Tracey) if they decide to troll everyone and have ash wake up from a coma I would totally be ok with that.

Dex-chan lover
I always like the anime, despite not being as into it as years ago. So what I want is hybrid of the X/Y anime and the Sun/Moon . Both had different styles they focused on, with Kalos being more Shonen-Action oriented while Alola being more slice of life esque with a focus on comedy. So a series which meets both ways would be an interesting development

And since this time Pokemon has two protagonists instead of one, it will be great to see different dynamics and relationships build from this. One focus on battling and one focused on catching. Different outcomes , conflicts might arise ...and test of their friendship are put on the line.

It might even use the adventures formula by having backstories and personalities for gym leaders and NPC's of the past different from the game and previous anime. Making them more three dimensional.

I feel like this series is like a starting point with a new crew, so Im ready to jump in with new set of goggles and experience it from start to finish on its own merits

Users who are viewing this thread