Golden Kamuy - Vol. 22 Ch. 213 - Escape from Karafuto

Double-page supporter
Poor guy receiving that headshot. RIP

Also Tsurumi is persistent! We're in for a naval battle next!

Thank you for the consistency EverydayHeroes scans

Hi there! I hope someone from the team will read this - there's a small mistake in the notes for this chapter. The ferry in this chapter is early Ikimaru 壱岐丸(初代), which is not an early version of Shouhoumaru, but rather the first ferry to operate on Seikan ferry line.
You can find the photo that was probably referenced by Noda here - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/28/SS_IKI_MARU_1_JGR_Kanpu_Ferry.jpg
Anyway, Ikimaru had the maximum speed of 15 knots and Ikazuchi-class destroyers were 30 knots... so it will be interesting to see how our new team manages to escape.

Group Leader
@Surf_rock

Oh, thanks! But I didn't pick the image of the Shouhoumaru to show that the ship in this chapter was the same ship (or an earlier model), I picked it to show that the 工 mark was still in use even in the 1920s. I decided not to go into too much detail on the ship in this chapter itself because I figured that sort of information would be provided in the next chapter. In any case, it must have been confusing so I'll remove that part.

And since you went through the trouble of finding that, I'll add that information to the glossary and credit you! Thanks again!

Group Leader
@Surf_rock

No need to apologize! It's my fault for wording it poorly in the glossary. In the first place, the Ikimaru was a better choice to use in the glossary anyway, so I changed it. I think I was looking at so many ships on Wikipedia (trying to figure out which ship was the model for the one in this chapter) that my mind got fuzzy and I just ended up posting some random example of a ship with the 工 mark in the glossary. You're almost certainly right that the model was the Ikimaru, I just thought otherwise because the years when it serviced the Wakkanai - Odomari route were different. But Noda has messed with historical facts and years like that all the time, after all.

In any case, I changed the glossary and gave you credit for the information! Thanks again!

CKN

Dex-chan lover
damn - this really marks the end of the big party goofs, I hope Tanigaki gets his story to end happily. However, I have a suspicion that Tsurumi has something planned given he is always trying to be one step forward.

Dex-chan lover
So long Tanigaki... I'll see you another time...

Also the "shoot him in the foot" part was far funnier than it should've been

Users who are viewing this thread