Dousei Yankee Akamatsu Seven

Contributor
I didn't know I needed this until now. There is that allure of BL in shounen/seinen art style, and the fighty fighty boys in other manga do have that camaraderie that can easily become something more

Thank you for the TL!

Dex-chan lover
Guys, trust me... i am not gay...
but this is cute yo

edit: wait f**k, this have yaoi tag at mangaupdates
peace out
616.jpg

Contributor
Idk for sure, but I think the artist did another BL series for the same publication. This might be his niche-- seinen-style delinquent BL. And I am 100% down. Nothing gets the blood rushing quite like punching someone's lips with your lips

@Ceiye Sooo, Okujima has this other series called "Private Tutor Kishi Knight"? He's been publishing the pages as a webtoon, it's about a delinquent who's failing at school until a handsome, princely tutor comes to his rescue. As the weeks go by, the two of them begin to develop a special bond.

Even though it's published like a webtoon and isn't explicitly BL, (Okujima calls it "BL flavoured", whatever that means) the first chapter was recently republished in Kachi Comi as a special feature oneshot. It's currently unclear if they'll publish any more or if it'll stay as a oneshot. Despite the uncertainty, I'm always excited to see what Okujima will do next!

@PSedits By any chance, is this same group also planning to work on that webcomic? That's an interesting summary you got there.

Now back on topic, I'm hardly well-versed in yaoi, but I found myself enjoying this manga regardless, maybe because it's not really romance-based, and the artist is a shonen mangaka... I'm still rooting for the dudes to get together and make it work though, the characters are interesting enough and I'm curious about where the author plans to take this story.

Oooh I love this author/artist combo so much! I feel like so many "yankee"-type shounen/seinen manga have serious homo but no-homo vibes and it's great to see a shounen-esque manga that fully embraces gay characters instead of skirting around them in fear of alienating audiences.

Can you turn a ho(meless guy—and possibly ex-ho too, actually) into a househusband?

Can't help but root for our MC here who picked up a runaway dude sought by yakuzas expecting only someone to fight with at first, then a domestic boyfriend later, I guess... Mans better ask some questions first. I like how commonplace and natural everything feels (but shit will hit the fan at some point, won't it?)

A very entertaining "Boy Meets Boy" story.

This is getting better and better, like a dream come true.
So tired of shounen hinting yaoi and the slamming the damn big hetero door on my face T.T
What up with the numbers name tho? some kind of sicko experiment with them kids?
That comment about being 24 and already too old to perform, got me spooked.
Could it be they train them since little? Is this going to be "that" kind of manga?
Seven, my son, omg, what intensity...

This is actually so good. I wonder what's up with Eight and Seven. Didn't recognise Shoowa's artstyle though, it changed completely!!

Vol.2 was released on January 16th in japan. I'm really looking forward for the next part of the story, hope we get some action (as in fighting yakuza) on this volume.

Users who are viewing this thread