The Wolf Child Sora in the War Zone - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - The Place Where You Should Go Back To

I feel like sora kind of understands whats going on, but doesnt say it...damn this'll be good.

@Taco-chan Nope, I don't think so. Dill shelters her from the war so that she doesn't see the horrors of it. Even in the 1st chapter, when she ask if the dead fella was sleeping, he just affirms it so that she doesn't gets heartbroken. She knows the danger, gunfire, wounds, etc. but she doesn't know the killings Dill and the rest are doing as their jobs.

Dex-chan lover
Is this one of those manga where the ranks go from enlisted to commissioned? 1st LT is too low for him to have been fighting as long as he has

Aggregator gang
@Cyoteblack
It looks like he might've screwed something up in the past, considering he was discharged before. Well, I don't actually know how the military works, so I could be completely off though lol

Dex-chan lover
So far the gas mask seems like a fashion item for the humans.I wanna say the air make them go furry but they seem okay to unmask, choice between life or death I guess.

The fact that it was going to be translated as "death to all furries" is hilarious

It's good that they changed it, though

Dex-chan lover
@LE_MALEM
Not a solid relation but because how humans are wearing masks, and animals don't

At some point in the past, humankind caused an apocalypse that made the surface of the earth uninhabitable. We don't know the exact nature of that or how long ago it was; after that point, the survivors of humankind lived underground.

There were several different projects by different groups of scientists who were trying to find ways to either make the surface habitable again or modify humans so they could survive in that environment. One group found a massive, humanoid creature frozen in ice under the surface of the planet -- Uitsualnemetia -- and began experimenting with making genetically engineered creatures by combining human DNA with samples from Uitsualnemetia. That resulted in creating the decoys, also called proxies or demihumans, who are physically much stronger and more resistant than humans. The human researchers treated them as slaves and experimental tools.

A couple of the other projects included the creation of a weather-controlling satellite, Amaterasu, and Mito's "True Humanity Project", which was intended to modify humans to extend their lifespans and make them able to survive on the surface.

Skipping over some details, Uitsualnemetia woke up and cursed humanity by turning them into tatari, after which point the proxies escaped and began building their own civilization as it exists in the Utawarerumono games. Demihuman society now considers Uitsualnemetia and Onvitaikayan (their term for humans) to be gods; their myths say that Onvitaikayan created them, while Uitsualnemetia gave them their freedom and cast them out of paradise.

It's serious and interesting, but... I can't help but laugh at the clown shoes.

Dex-chan lover
@Cyoteblack
Is this one of those manga where the ranks go from enlisted to commissioned? 1st LT is too low for him to have been fighting as long as he has
It's a special forces unit. Frankly, it's god damn weird that he's an officer - even if only technically - and not an NCO.
And being in combat that long has absolutely no bearing on him being that rank. In fact, if anything, it's more inappropriate that he is an officer instead of an NCO. Namely because he'd have to likely go through some officer candidate training which would take him away from the frontlines. In which case, most guys in a position like them don't do so because they'd rather be with their unit or they have no interest in it.

To put it in perspective, when ("Chargin") Charlie Beckwith was beginning to organize Delta Force he reportedly told any aspiring applicants "don't even fucking bother applying if you're not an NCO."

Dex-chan lover
@definitionofinsanity Without giving much away, I have some military experience. In cases, that I'm familiar with, where a commissioned was special operations, it was after being in already and, after that, they didn't really hit the field afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread