Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami - Vol. 4 Ch. 32

Dex-chan lover
this is just my theory but yuri is probably
antichrist

Double-page supporter
Well, you probably can't be the protagonist of an otome game without mind-bending powers.

Double-page supporter
I love the footnote, and the new cover are so... beautiful, but i still prefer oojou-sama of course (especially the mini version)

Dex-chan lover
Well, it's pretty blatantly obvious that Yuri is more evil than stupid.
Now we can move on to the "Why?" being established. Though, thanks to some spoilers we totally asked for, we already know.

I can't seem to wrap my head around Ed. How does one go from "a man worthy of being heir and title" to "fukboi #1" in such a short amount of time? I guess it's the art style, because Yuri isn't any more beautiful to Iris in the slightest. So what else was it that made him lose interest in his fiancee so quickly?

The otome game really fucked this world up...

novel readers: dont spoil this if it hasnt been revealed, but maybe it's been said in the books but not mentioned in the manga...

i am wondering about the Fantasy tag on this manga. is it accurate? all there has been is a mention of "beasts" and a mention of "dubious magic" (supposed healers) which who knows if it's actual magic.

has the setting of magic been established in the novels? maybe the manga just hasnt made it there yet, but it seems an odd thing to spring a big element on readers so late in the game.

i ask because it is possible that there are some fishy magics afoot with Yuri? just some speculation. otherwise im just question the appropriateness of that tag.

Double-page supporter
@Vasqueztion

I think I'll use this saying from CinemaSins, "The power of their boners" changed them. From that world's viewpoint, Ed's and Iris's earlier engagement could be seen more as a political engagement rather than a engagement of love. Although Iris was in love with Ed before, Ed didn't share the same feelings, he probably got engaged out of obligation and had been told the benefits of having a duke's daughter marry him. In comes Yuri who has everything Ed is looking for in terms of personality and temperament(even if he doesn't realize it's all a lie) and falls in love with her over the course of his 'route' in the game, while she is also getting 'loved' by the other three as well. If you look at each of them individually, they all have personalities that SHOULD be noble-like, but their 'love' for Yuri made them act like idiots.

Ed is supposed to be a prince befitting his status, and being in love he wants to make Yuri happy by showering her with gifts and trying to change the kingdom to how she wants it by her 'innocent' suggestions.
The knight son is supposed to be a hardworking knight in training who being praised for his efforts by Yuri, holds down Iris despite her not being violent in the least, something frowned on in knight circles as knights are not supposed to harm unarmed civilians and uphold a code of honor, just because of his 'love' for Yuri.
Bern her own brother denounced her publicly as family, which has huge repercussions to a noble's reputation when spread saying that even family disapproves of her actions, Iris is summarily banished from noble society, with all the things she didn't do blamed on her, all because of his 'love' for Yuri.
The last one didn't do much but he stood by Yuri like the others. But his position had also a heavy influence.

The four combined are a Prince, a Duke's son and her brother, a future kingdom knight, and someone from the church. That covers practically every point that shows they are on the side of 'justice' when they denounced Iris at the beginning of this story. One thing I will heavily enjoy is watching EACH of these idiots realize their stupidity.

Dex-chan lover
...wait, there's actually a good chunk of Iris' classmates that doesn't like Yuri back in academy.
And considering how prestigious that academy is, there's a good chance that they're also some kind of nobles' child or something.

This totally won't bite Ed in the ass after all that idiocy he's done in the name of Yuri under their watch.

Dex-chan lover
Baron Messi? Ah, that explains why Argentina sucked balls in the WC. The real one got isekai'd while he was playing an otome game.

Aggregator gang
I said I before, and I'll say it again SHES A WITCH... BUUUURRRRNNNNN HEEEEERR

Dex-chan lover
It looks like Mimosa has the same gut feeling as Mellice concerning Yuri, while Iris is still under the impression that Yuri doesn't have any hidden motives. To be honest, from what we've seen I can only agree with Iris, but I'm guessing these are more hints that there's more than meets the eye to Yuri.

But on the thought of the day - was the Duke and the Armelia family neutral? Earl Doranbald and Caldina were introduced at the beginning of chapter 28 and did explicitly state that they were neutral, and I guess it is true that the Duke, as Prime Minister, did not want to be involved in the conflicts of the succession but wasn't his plan always for the first Prince to become King while backed by Bern as the future Prime Minister? I was under the impression that the second Prince had always been acknowledged as less competent. And since we know that Dean, who is actually Prince Alfred, was training with Gazelle, the Duke's father in law, we know that there have always been good ties between the first Prince faction and the Armelia family. Add to that the silliness of the second Prince's current actions, his slight towards the Duke's family when the engagement was broken, the fact that Queen Dowager is good friends with Mellice and we've explicitly seen her state she favoured Alfred as the succeeding King and I would say that Prime Minister Louis is neutral in name only... Bern WAS close with the second Prince while Mellice would likely have avoided Queen Ellia and the Prime Minister would have done his best to not hint that he is favouring anyone, so I guess they would have been sending mixed and "neutral" signals to everyone else.

@hayatekanzaki

Yeah, I would not say that knights are not supposed to harm unarmed civilians or that they have a code of honour. I mean, sure, you don't want the knights to cause unrest through unbecoming actions, but the reality is that they are a tool to control the population and uphold the interest of the nobility through force and fear. Abuse of power is so much simpler in societies where the powerful write the rules for their own benefit and the masses are uneducated and poor. And even in our societies where the masses are somewhat educated and can assemble in associations to protect their rights, the benefits that money can buy the powerful are still very much real. I'd compare knights to how the American police force behaves towards minorities... Of course, the nobility and knights will want to embellish themselves and inform the masses of their virtues and the necessity of their presence, hence why there is still a favourable images of knights.

That said, holding down a Duke's daughter? If Bern didn't approve, he would be in severe trouble.

One thing I will heavily enjoy is watching EACH of these idiots realize their stupidity.
@hayatekanzaki i'm on the same boat here... but sadly according to some spoilers,
it won't happen anytime soon
since the plot requires some solid foundations to backup the THOT... or else the story will end prematurely...
according to some spoilers (again),
THOT was a spy from another country, snucked her way to the royal family in order to weaken the military, so another country/(ies) can invade easily... this was told on previous chapters by (ch.25) THOT suggested to disband the military so the budget allocated to military can be used for THOT's indulgence... ch 25 page 17; second panel... that smile and eyes of a wicked evil villain...
FUCKIN THOT!!!
and i think its fine if just bern that finally realize his own stupidity... the other doesn't really matter...

Fed-Kun's army
Ok, listen: I like this story, very much, I like the main character and all, but...
"Iris did nothing wrong, it was all her classmates' fault", now that's just whitewashing, and I think that this only subtracts merit from this story.

What's wrong in a person that did a huge error and now is recovering from that?

@lupus_in_fabula, I believe is that Yuri was bullied by other people outside of what our MC did but when Yuri was being defended by the Second Prince, the bloody royal family everyone dumped their blame and role in bullying Yuri on the MC like a convenient scape goat. The MC messed up yes and she's reflecting on it but she's being blamed for doing more than what she did and that's why she was expelled and ostracised from noble society

Fed-Kun's army
@Le_Butters
I don't know, page 11 makes me think otherwise.
In that page Iris say that she confronted Yuri directly and that's all she did. It seems like she didn't bullied Yuri at all.

In my opinion, that's too much, speaking in terms of storytelling: Iris is already a simpathetic character, they don't need to press further the point.

Fed-Kun's army
I had heard Messi was thinking of retiring but never about being isekaied into an otome game world...

Aggregator gang
Her friend has good instincts, Lady Yuri is definitely some king of White Lotus Bitch (This is a Chinese novel term meaning a evil two-faced women who pretends to be a holy virgin of virtue and kindness) Only thing I can't decide is if she's simply in this for her own self or is some kind of enemy spy sent to weaken the country and manipulate the government. Either way, even if the capital/royal family goes up in flames I have a feeling our beloved protag and her kick ass family(especially Grandpa) would be able to safely defend their territory.

Users who are viewing this thread