Detective Conan - Vol. 98 Ch. 1042 - The Jingisukan of Memories

Group Leader
Ha, I got half the case right!

I got it right that he mimicked the burn after seeing it, but it wasn't the brother I thought it was.
But I got the glasses part right.

Um, page 5, hattori's dialogue, " There are substances that leach..."
Is it not leaked? Or is it just my english

Dex-chan lover
Definitely one of the more tragic outcomes in my opinion. The family went from four long-lost brothers to two all from a mother's attempt to reunite her sons after her death, even if one of those deaths had nothing to do with her.

Nice to see a little bit of the overall plot at the end though. It seems DC really IS nearing the end since Aoyama's making a point to insert as much plot as possible, even into seemingly filler-ish arcs like this one.

So the APTX shrinking people was the side effect of surviving it's killing properties, and not everyone survives once taking it.

Also, I guess the surviving factor is on genetic level since the Conan, Ai and mom survived, but not the adopted son of the mom.

ahh heiji mboy. i think kazuha is gonna have to be the one to confess eventually bc heiji failing is an unbreakable trope at this point

Indeed, it was naive of me to expect this to go anywhere after all this time and this Momiji stupidity be over already.

Dude, Aoyama, just finish the series already. Series comes back at November 27th?! If you need a break that long just to advance an inkling of the plot, start wrapping the whole damn thing up already. Otherwise you'll be dead before you ever get the chance to, especially with this snail pace you're making it go at ...

@Dandarandadan Nah, sorry. "Leach" is a proper synonym to "leak". Its meaning is actually even more to the point, in that it really means that a certain substance from something very slowly crept into another. "To leak" usually happens faster, compared to "to leach".

Double-page supporter
Aw, that little memory of Ran and Shinichi as kids was really cu-"The series will be back in November"
Fatal hit

Gosho's death is closer than Conan ending
He is 56 years old. He can go for another 8-10 years, if he is allowed to stay healthy.

If you need a break that long just to advance an inkling of the plot
No, needs that long a break to prepare all the upcoming chapter storyboard of the new case at once (so, 4-5 chapters worth of storyboards), color drawings for the Volume 97 in Japan, his reveal poster for the Movie 24 reveal in November/December and this is also most likely around time when he is drawing his animation keyframes for the upcoming movie.

He took a long break like this last year too around this time. The other breaks between then were just the usual 4 week breaks, which are similar to what some other authors take to prepare new chapters. But since the long break is now a pattern, it would appear that his usual involvement in the movie production is the reason for this. Considering he previously was doing all of this while taking no breaks at all, year after year, it is logical that won't stop doing it - but it is not 1999 anymore, and if needs these publication breaks (just publication breaks, not "break" in general, since he works during that time) to stay healthy OR if the editorial department mandates those breaks (after all, the last health hiatus between December 2017 and April 2018 wasn't his idea, his editor forced him to do it), then I'm okay with that.

and mom survived, but not the adopted son of the mom
Kouji is not the adopted son of Mary, Shukichi was most likely the adopted son of the Haneda family.

Also, yeah, APTX is lethal, Amanda Hughes died to it, as well as all those other people on the APTX victim list.

Double-page supporter
Well I got the glasses and ears right. Didn't realize the hand mark could be faked though, I kinda just thought he happened to guess the burn mark or got it coincidentally earlier.

I feel like Kudo was a terrible friend, there. He knows that Hattori wants to confess, and he should have noticed the interference (that is clearly designed by the rich girl [that needs to disappear because she thinks that her money lets her choose a husband, even if he is already with somebody else]), and been able to stop it fairly easily. To not do so seems to be a failing as a friend (or, worse, to not notice is a failure as a "great detective"). I'm also disappointed in Kazuha just leaving Hattori without even saying anything, even though it was clear that he had something important to tell her, and was trying to bring her away from others.

Okay, this one was really dumb.

I'm allergic to metal too, and I wear glasses anyway because, you know, I need them to see and stuff.
They have near-invisible silicone things over the arms. Really, a bigger problem is my belt buckle and the button of my pants. I have to hike up my underwear a lot or I get a really bad rash.

Also, I didn't solve the mystery. But I like to think that that's because this one wasn't as grounded in reality, like that Sherlock Holmes story with the snake.

Users who are viewing this thread