Duranki

Dex-chan lover
First chapter and already a masterpiece.

Miura is just providing the story for this one so hopefully it means that he won't be too far removed from Berserk.

Dex-chan lover
Look on the bright side, all: Instead of delaying Berserk over video games, Miura is spending time on writing for another manga.

I mean.. thats less bad right?

Maybe it'll keep his creative juices flowing and less likely any more year long hiatuses will occur. Maybe. Probably....

Godhand help us

Dex-chan lover
Ok, for those who think this is not going to affect Berserk because "Miura only provides the story and his assistants draw the manga," you should look up Studio GAGA interviews. The assistants have been doing primary drawing since the time of Gigantomachia. Miura only drew the Gigantomachia omake (yes, the loli pee story). Just like how Gigantomachia caused a Berserk hiatus, this one will slow down Berserk publication as well.

Personally I like this new work and I haven't been invested in Berserk for years anyway.

Dex-chan lover
ah yes
i remember miura's announcing his plans to write a sequel to an azur lane doujin years ago
i'm not the only one who sees that, right?

Contributor
This seems to be less of a 'masterpiece' and more of a 'hey look at this hermaphrodite child that I will not stop telling you how beautiful they are'.

It's the kind of excess that can only happen when the author has been enshrined by an industry that already has a really low standard for sexualizing children.

Why is Azur Lane listed as a prequel? Guessing a weird mistype or something.

@Ghede Judging by how things go when stories start this peacefully, I think their family is going to be invaded at some point, his parents will die and he'll set on a journey alone. He'll make new friends, they'll find him beautiful but the focus will probably be his constructs(as they are called by his "father" this chapter) because of his wisdom.
I think it's more of a story on developing humanity and following this wise child but we can't conclude anything from this first chapter.
But yeah, I feel like the gods or some mythical beings will come after Usum and he'll be forced to leave as it usually happens on these kinds of starts.

Dex-chan lover
This manga is based on the Akkadian myths of Usumgallu and the Atra-Hasis. Usumgallu is the royal dragon of Akkad while Atra-Hasis is the flood myth included in the Epic of Gilgamesh. The old Noah-like grandpa is Uthnapishtim/Atra-Hasis, the man made immortal after becoming the savior of life in the Great Flood. Now here is where things get interesting: Depending on which version of the myth is consulted, Uthnapishtim is either the perserver of the seed of man (the Noah route, all humans are descended from him and his kids, etc) or the last of the old humanity purged by the gods. In the latter version of the myth, the gods instead fashioned a new humanity to take the place of the old one extinguished by the Flood.

I think this manga is going to follow route 2 and make Usumgallu both Adam and Eve of the new humanity because we clearly see him being created by the old gods.

Dex-chan lover
Already enjoying this more than Berserk. Cool to see Miura trying his hand at something different, and his [assistants'] artwork really brings out the magnificence of this mythical story.

i really don't want him to find a partner and end up as platonic story
since people will treat him like a girl but he is also a boy i doubt anyone would accept him as both

This is bloody great so far, absolutely loving the story and the art itself is amazing. I hope the rest of this story continues on going at full strength ahead!

Underwhelming until now, well just 2 chapters, but still..... pls draw berserk miura ffs.

Users who are viewing this thread