Manga Rock Rebrands as MR Comics

Yesterday, the former pirated manga aggregator Manga Rock has reveal a plan to rebrand itself following it's shut down. Now Manga Rock is known as MR Comics. The developers have plans to make MR Comics a "100% official comics platform". Specifically their vision is to raise awareness of the problems of scanslations, develop relationships and contracts with creators and their publishers, build tools for creators and publishers to distribute and monetize content, and convert those who prefer to read free scanslations to buying the manga.

Now the article mentions that the manga rock's website redirects to the MR Comics site, but upon seeing if that is the case I was not redirected but instead still taken to the actual site so the website is still there as I type this. However here is a link to the MR Comics site that takes you to a webpage in which tells a story of how they are going about fixing their so called "wrongdoing". https://mrcomics.com/

Also you can read more about this here: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...site-manga-rock-rebrands-as-mr-comics/.150789

Contributor
Interesting. As my only Interaction with Mangarock was for Grand Blue and Goblin Slayer, I can't say much about the platform as I wasn't part of he Community. I have no idea if these guys are legit sorry and trying to do what they say, or just trying to make money.

I hope they actually mean what they say and wish them the best if true.

Uh.........................................

This sounds suspiciously like a court mandated or forced response and less like an organic response. Nor is this the first time something similar to this has happened and "original owner now opens ethical site with same branding"

Very suspicious that a site completely based on scanslations would suddenly 180 and say they're the problem.

Dex-chan lover
It astounds me to see such unabashed hypocrisy that I just can't help but laugh.

"No idea" kiss my ass. They're either legit idiots or are completely shameless.

"bUt tHe oThErS dId iT tOo!!1!1!" And you're gonna tell me they have no idea about the system they themselves built and where they've been getting all the fan scans & official rips to populate their library?

Yeah I see no reason here to be optimistic and wish them any luck lmao.

Dex-chan lover
Won't be surprised if they keep delaying their "going legit" plan due to "unforseen circumstances" and keep going as they are now "for the moment".

unknown.png

"dIdN't rEaLiZe wHaT wE'rE dOiNg hUrTs tHe iNdUsTrY!!11!"
>keeps payment open & systems running - most likely includes scraper

alright man

to sum up, the MR site got bought out or taken over by the publisher or its agents, and they are going use the rebranded site to spread the gospel of how wrong and hurtful scanlation is....
so, this isn't anything new or novel, right? and basically what's changed is who is making money off the site....

Users who are viewing this thread