My Love Tiger - Ch. 165

Dex-chan lover
HAHAHAHA last page XD
*look again*
pfff HAHAHAHAHA XD

@Dijon
Its actually Yeon Rhee... not Yeolli... unless you spelled the korean wrong.

The first is Yeon 연 and second part being Ri-e 리 so Yun (Yeon) Rhee (Li), however i think more koreans spell it as Yeon Rhee, and not Yun Li, which i honestly feel is more chinese.

Yeolli would be spelled 옐리 which is why im asking if you miss spelled it in the notes

Thank you for the updates tho, always appreciate this series.

Group Leader
@aigomorla
@HJX2
I explained this when Chii's true name was revealed back a few dozen chapters ago.
While 연리 is composed of characters that are pronounced "Yeon" and then "Ri," when you put the two of them together, that's NOT how they're pronounced. There is a Korean dynasty known as Silla, which is spelled 신라. This would literally be pronounced "Shin" and then "Ra" but that's not how it's actually pronounced. Koreans pronounce it "Silla" as in "Sheila." When you get an ending consonant and a beginning consonant in sequence, the sounds can change. Kinda like how in French, when you get two vowels together, you end up changing the words. Eg: te aime into t'aime.

You're welcome for the update. I hope my explanation makes sense.

Edit: Wait, how do you even get Yeolli from 옐리? That would spell "Yelly." Where are you getting your information from? This is just factually wrong.

Hm...As a Korean, I think Yeon-ri or Yeon-li is right. SouthKorea adheres to standard language regardless of pronunciation. There are so many dialects ...

Dex-chan lover
...Did lolis start to offer themselves to MC on their own now?

Group Leader
@megamanmegaman
But how do you pronounce it? When you say it out loud, what do you say? Do you say "Yeon-ri" or do you say "Yeolli"? As a Korean, you should know the answer as well as I do.

Maybe I should explain myself. The reason why I translated the name like this is because I knew that western readers would read Chii's true name as "Yeon" and then "Ri" as in Reeeeee. I don't want that! I want them to read the name as a Korean person would!

Users who are viewing this thread