Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daisho

Contributor
...A reminder that most of manga as we know it now didn't start 'till some time in the the 70's.

How should I say it—looking at the first few pages, the young weeb in me screams, "This is just a comic, not a manga!" (Even though everything about that statement is wrong XD)

Group Leader
...A reminder that most of manga as we know it now didn't start 'till some time in the the 70's.

How should I say it—looking at the first few pages, the young weeb in me screams, "This is just a comic, not a manga!" (Even though everything about that statement is wrong XD)

I don't get what you're trying to say even. Manga is just a category of comics based on where it was made. Art style, story, anything that supposedly is what "makes manga a manga", that's all just trends and tropes that happen to be popular. If anything I'm happy older stuff like this that DOESN'T feel super cookie cutter and use those trends/themes, are finally getting translated.

Power Uploader
Is this series Shonen Jump's first long-running series?
Or would that be Go Nagai's Harenchi Gakuen?

Either way, it's definitely one of the first, which is pretty awesome. Good to see it being translated. I hope to be able to read the entire thing at some point.

Every Shonen Jump fan should read Otoko Ippiki or at least know it. The manga that started a legend that lasts today

Users who are viewing this thread