●REC

I see that there are no people who give this rating. I'll be the first to give it 5 for this masterpiece manga ;)

It's baiting, it's cheap, and overall, it's great. Would've been better with ending left ambiguous*.

Unless i didn't get it, which is always a possibility. Dad looks much older than (at most) three year time skip, but he must've been under a lot of stress, so it's still plausible to think that his daughter greeting him on the last page is not a delusion. Then again, why would artist choose to show the readers him watching a video recording of her right before that?

Screw the spoilers, huh?

...i don't know man. Dad looks about 8-10 years older and daughter's appearance doesn't exactly match timeskip that large. Then there's the afterword. So i don't know.

Dex-chan lover
Well it's quite weird at first but then it's sad and even sadder before the end. BUT it was interesting haha

Eh bien, c'était bizarre au début puis triste et encore plus triste avant la fin. MAIS c'était intéressant xD

Double-page supporter
giving this a 4. inconclusive endings are a cheap way to introduce philosophical thought.

revisited upped the rating to an 8, hopefully its a happy ending.

VIP
Very nice.

I originally thought that it seemed like she lived, but this person's comments on Reddit gave me doubts, and now I don't know anymore!!

Masune said:
> That was her winter uniform. The cicadas were making sounds meaning that it's summer.
> We see the father burning incense. That combined with the fact it's summer suggests that it's Obon, a time when the dead come back to visit.
> His expression (or lack of) after watching the video seems to show that something serious happened afterwards.
> Most of the signs seem to point that she's gone, but it's left up to the reader to decide their own reality.

Contributor
You'd be a pervert to think wrong of this, and you would be a monster to not cry for this.

I missed that when it was posted originally (legitimate spoiler, not some goofy gif with ducks marching in a row or something):

Masune said:
> That was her winter uniform. The cicadas were making sounds meaning that it's summer.
> We see the father burning incense*. That combined with the fact it's summer suggests that it's Obon, a time when the dead come back to visit.
> His expression (or lack of) after watching the video seems to show that something serious happened afterwards.
> Most of the signs seem to point that she's gone, but it's left up to the reader to decide their own reality.

*So i guess sfx or whatever those sets of horizontal lines are indicate that?

Fed-Kun's army
It's been a while since I read this.
As far as the incense goes, his daughter mentions that he raised her alone; he could be burning incense for his wife. It doesn't need to be Obon to do that, either.
She's running because she's healthy enough to run; being a few years after the surgery, and just because the sun is out doesn't mean it's automatically summer. Not to mention the fact that she's wearing the outfit shows she lived long enough to become a middle schooler and is a simple visual cue to the reader that it's her. It's also mentioned that he worked himself thin to pay for her surgery; there's still all the stuff you gotta pay for that comes after a successful one, especially if it's to fix something that made her hurt just sitting up. Getting thin and gray hair from that doesn't sound too unreasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread