Internet Explorer - Ch. 46 - Microsoft vs. Google (Part 3)

Dex-chan lover
is it the one that multiplys itself endless and overloads everything or is that a different one

NIB

Oh shit, this is way better than any weekly shonenshit.

Dex-chan lover
@0neDragon
It was a worm made for research purposes but escaped the lab went rampant on the Internet, infecting anything it can reach. It would've been harmless except for the fact that it's programmed to be able to ignore the fact that a copy exist as stated in the court appeal
Morris programmed the worm to duplicate itself every seventh time it received a "yes" response. As it turned out, Morris underestimated the number of times a computer would be asked the question, and his one-out-of-seven ratio resulted in far more copying than he had anticipated. The worm was also designed so that it would be killed when a computer was shut down, an event that typically occurs once every week or two.
. The result is the same computer being infected multiple times.

Double-page supporter
No matter how ressource hoarding chrome is - that worm is exponentially worse.

Dex-chan lover
Alright, those tags are out of control, "survival" "tragedy"? Really?

Aggregator gang
Since when did this became action. Entertaining nonetheless

Fed-Kun's army
@Me
I'm reading this using Firefox Quantum
31909960.jpg
Also, DuckDuckGo freaking the fuck out, when Chrome is about to annihilate everyone is the funniest thing I've seen all week lmao

Fed-Kun's army
Who the fuck edits the wikipedia page so fast? This comic is already referenced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morris_worm#In_popular_culture

Me

Fed-Kun's army
@SunsetSeeker Why not Seamonkey? The last true heir to the throne of Netscape.
(TruFax: I use Seamonkey not out of great passion for the browser wars but because I genuinely hate the Firefox/Chrome/Edge interface. And maybe I could learn to like one of them if they didn't KEEP CHANGING IT EVERY SIX MONTHS! )

Double-page supporter
Interesting enough, even though it's basically one evil corporation that doesn't value your privacy vs another. If Amazon could afford to make a browser that would take off, they'd probably join this fight too. Although to be fair, all they'd have to do is take Chromium, and modify it, like everyone else besides Firefox / Mozilla is doing lately.

Even Microsoft's just reskinning Chrome now, basically. It's cheaper than just developing Edge separately.

Users who are viewing this thread